
Can someone please explain to me why we have to have Daylight Savings? Twice a year we have to adjust our kids sleeping schedules and frankly, I don't see the point! It is almost 11pm and Alexis is still awake. We have now moved her to our room in an effort to get her to sleep. If they aren't going to stop this insane bi-yearly craziness then change it to a Friday night so we can have 2 days to get them adjusted before school!
Does anyone agree with me and is there a way to get a petition going to get rid of this silly thing?
Does anyone agree with me and is there a way to get a petition going to get rid of this silly thing?
13 comments:
Ahh.. the beauty of life in Arizona, no daylight savings! Yes I agree, it is ridiculous now. I guess we could start a petition to take to the state legislature. Though I'd rather just deal with the hour than put forth that much work. :)
Seriously, what time/space continuim does Arizona exist in that they don't have to deal with it? Unfair.
I truly have never had an issue adjusting to daylight savings time. Either have my kids. I guess we have been lucky so far. But we will see because I still have Sadie to deal with.
I totally agree. It has messed up our routine the past couple of nights. Kelsi also went to bed way late (11:30). What is up with it? BTW did Alexis get her Pixel? I hope it comes soon if not.
Love ya!
Oops, didn't mean to delete my comment, was just trying to fix the grammer. Anyway, what I said was: I don't get DLS either. It makes no sense to me to just up and change the time twice a year. I actually heard somewhere that it costs more in energy expenses to have DSL. Don't ask me how... All I know is that for about a week I go around saying "the clock says it is 4, but it is really 3..."
CRAP! I can't type! You all know what I mean, I meant DLS, not DSL...
I think it is hard on us adults as well. I usually drag for the following week trying to adjust my body!
I had heard it was for farmers so they can have an extra hour of daylight. I have no idea if that is the case or not but I just don't like the whole thing!
I don't really mind it either way...at least it makes for interesting conversation!:)
I LOVE this time change :-) Instead of waking up at 6:30am today, Tyler slept until 7:30! Okay, I know it's EXACTLY the same time but it feels better to me when the clock says 7:30. I'm with Sarah on this one, Tyler has never had a problem with it so far. But, I'm also with Melissa because I say the same thing. The clock says 4pm but it's really 3pm :-) I do remember the fabulous days of being a teenager or in college though, when the "fall back" time change meant an extra hour of sleep. Not now though :-)
Rach... I heard it was for the farmers too. Well pooh on the farmers! They get up when the rooster crows, correct? So why do they need DLS time? I can't stand it either. As if it weren't bad enough, the last two changes have been earlier than normal. I think the next one is supposed to be later. I say we QUIT DLST!!! Let's rebel. LOL
I came across someone's blog who lives in Alaska...I guess it is on their ballot to get rid of it. So that is what we need to do...contact someone and get it voted out. Anyone want to take on that project? Too much work...maybe next time!
Post a Comment