
Self Portrait Tuesday: The Challenge
"If I came to visit you next week, how would I know which doorbell to ring? Do you have a formal entrance? Should I come to the front door or do you prefer guests to come around back?" ~Lelly
I guess you could ring the doorbell but the butler will be patiently waiting for your arrival.
After taking your coat he will escort you to the parlor where I will be...oh, whats that you say?
Come back to reality? OK...Well, I live in Las Vegas and unless you've got some $$ then you pretty much live in a neighborhood where the houses are pretty standard and boring...so here is my front door
Oh, you like the ghetto metal screen. Yeah me too. We actually felt that was a necessity since we had some bad renters across the street a few years back whose friends would loiter all day on the street. We felt it gave us some protections and even though they no longer live there it now provides a way to get some fresh air in the house during the few weeks of great weather we have.
It would look like this though without it.
Loving the dirty front mat. Keeping it real!
And the doorbell...well, you could get to it if you tear off the tape and remove the water bottle lid... but I put it there for a reason, so don't! I have a sleeping child and the person who designed the house put the chime right next to the kids bedrooms...smart! Must have been a guy!
You can see me in the reflection. I really couldn't figure out a way to get me in these pictures. I already felt like a dork taking pictures with people driving by!
So there you have it. Maybe one day I will have a house like the one pictured above...but probably not!
(do the two different fonts in my post bother anyone else. I have no idea why it did that)
I guess you could ring the doorbell but the butler will be patiently waiting for your arrival.
After taking your coat he will escort you to the parlor where I will be...oh, whats that you say?Come back to reality? OK...Well, I live in Las Vegas and unless you've got some $$ then you pretty much live in a neighborhood where the houses are pretty standard and boring...so here is my front door
Oh, you like the ghetto metal screen. Yeah me too. We actually felt that was a necessity since we had some bad renters across the street a few years back whose friends would loiter all day on the street. We felt it gave us some protections and even though they no longer live there it now provides a way to get some fresh air in the house during the few weeks of great weather we have.It would look like this though without it.
Loving the dirty front mat. Keeping it real!And the doorbell...well, you could get to it if you tear off the tape and remove the water bottle lid... but I put it there for a reason, so don't! I have a sleeping child and the person who designed the house put the chime right next to the kids bedrooms...smart! Must have been a guy!
You can see me in the reflection. I really couldn't figure out a way to get me in these pictures. I already felt like a dork taking pictures with people driving by!So there you have it. Maybe one day I will have a house like the one pictured above...but probably not!
(do the two different fonts in my post bother anyone else. I have no idea why it did that)
12 comments:
You crack me up! I love how you started that post :-) Oh, and I didn't even notice the different fonts until you said something.
Fun pictures! It looks warm at your house.
i love the bench at your front door. i am looking for something for my porch, other than the ubiquitous rocking chairs that everyone has here.
very creative post today!!
We had a screen door like that at our last house in LV. I loved it. Letting the breeze in (during those whole 3 weeks between using the heater and the AC) was so nice! AND people cannot see in, but you can see out!
I love your screen door. I am always jealous when I come over and you have it open. It is so nice that people cannot see in, but you can see out.
I agree with Sarah on the screen door! It may not be the prettiest thing, but it sure is very functional. I plan on getting one when we move into our house. I love having the door open to let fresh air in, just hate all the flies.
I like, uh love, your dream front door!!! I keep telling myself that I'll have one of those someday too...along with my Cabin, Lagoon Pool, Boat, Corvette, etc, etc... you never know though? So here's hopin!:)
Even though you think the screen door is ghetto, your entryway looks inviting. I too love the bench.
Your entry way looks nice, even though you don't like the heavy duty door.
Very inviting-
there is also a turkey gobbler cobbler- by paula dean- You could try that too-
thanks for checking in on my blog-
Must have been a single guy who designed it. Married ones know the value of a sleeping child! Love that your keeping it real!
Post a Comment