My only claim to fame.
When I was 5 or 6 my sister, Aimee, and I were in a magazine for a department store in Hawaii, Liberty House. Yes, that is me in the yellow sunglasses and that sweet outfit.
This is the other page but you can't really see me. That is me popping my sister, Aimee's, bubble. I wasn't suppose to do that but you know how us models are. We do what we want and get away with it.
That is the back of me...and yes those are REAL crayons in my pocket to blend in with the stitched ones. I love that the girl next to me has stitched burgers and fries and then she is holding french fries in her hand.
I find it funny that Aimee and I are in this magazine and not Aimee and Tara. I have a feeling my mom may have paid off the agency people to boost my confidence. I don't know if it worked but now I can say I was in a magazine.
If you click on the image you can see it better. Also notice the prices...a bit expensive for the late 70's.
When I was 5 or 6 my sister, Aimee, and I were in a magazine for a department store in Hawaii, Liberty House. Yes, that is me in the yellow sunglasses and that sweet outfit.
This is the other page but you can't really see me. That is me popping my sister, Aimee's, bubble. I wasn't suppose to do that but you know how us models are. We do what we want and get away with it.
That is the back of me...and yes those are REAL crayons in my pocket to blend in with the stitched ones. I love that the girl next to me has stitched burgers and fries and then she is holding french fries in her hand.I find it funny that Aimee and I are in this magazine and not Aimee and Tara. I have a feeling my mom may have paid off the agency people to boost my confidence. I don't know if it worked but now I can say I was in a magazine.
If you click on the image you can see it better. Also notice the prices...a bit expensive for the late 70's.
11 comments:
Those are some sweet clothes!!! I can't believe some of those jeans were $19 back then. They must have been high quality. Did you get to keep any of them?
I love it! You look so cute in the yellow sunglasses and Napoleon Dynamite outfit! Must have been a pretty nice department store to charge that much for kids clothes in the 70's!
I could die. You look so cute in those sunglasses. I can't believe you got away with popping the bubble. You are right models can get away with anything.
Oh my gosh, lady! These are priceless! You are so CUTE! It's one of the reasons why you've always been my favorite...not afraid to make a fashion statement...even in polyester! Of course my mom made us wear crocheted bathing suits and beer can hats....OY!
That anonymous is from my cousin, she was trying to be anonymous so my sisters wouldn't have their feeling hurt but I am outing her. Just kidding she just couldn't figure out how to sign in. She is my favorite too...I only have 3 to choose from.
All I can say is... you've had quite the life! And... you have the BEST flashbacks! Those pictures are awesome!!!
Oh and that totally explains the DIVA in you too! Ha, Ha!
I can't believe they let haoles model for Liberty House! JK! I used to ride the bus to Liberty House at ALa Moana and want to buy something. Unfortunately, the prices were high in the 90's, too.
Oh I'm loving the poses. Your little crayon bum is so cute! I didn't know that about you. Eli looks so cute on that horse. New haircut? His profile looks like Steves. Kenzie says horses have "boogies", she got slobbered on once too. You're right, I'm missing Steve and his pest control business.
OMG that is SO funny! I also love the sweet polyester suit with the yellow sunglasses. You always have great stories to tell :-)
Those are some AWESOME pictures!
Post a Comment