Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Sick Boy...

Last night he was fine...this morning...not so much.

First sign:

I heard Eli at 6:30am walking around the house. A few minutes later I walked through the house to find him and he was back in his bed laying there with the lights on.

Second sign:
He drank a TON of water.

Third sign:
About 30 minutes later he climbed into bed with Steve and fell asleep. (Never happens)

Fourth sign:
He didn't eat his pancakes until I went over to the table and put a piece in his mouth.

Fifth sign:
All the water and bite of pancakes came back up...bath time

Sixth sign:
He laid on the floor in the middle of the TV room and FELL ASLEEP! (AGAIN...NEVER has happened in his 2 1/2 year existence)
How is it that dogs just KNOW when someone isn't feeling right. Tawny has always done this sort of thing.

So I made him a comfy bed in the TV room. It is now 2:30 and he hasn't moved from this room since 9am. He basically just lays there asleep. I hate this kind of sickness. They are thirsty but you can't let them drink too much or they throw up and then get dehydrated. He is all hot and lethargic. Poor thing...I kind of miss his energy...kind of!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Eli. But that looks like a comfy bed you made him. You always know that they are sick when they do something completely out of character.

Rachel H. said...

That is so very sad. It's almost bad to say, but I enjoy just a tiny bit that they are so much more lovey and snuggly. But the sickness really doesn't make it worth it. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Jossie said...

Poor little guy :-( It looks like he had a nice relaxing day though. Hope he gets better soon!

Jennifer said...

Poor little guy! Zack is sick now too, but he just has a cold. At least little kids look cute all knocked out. I just look like I was regurgitated from the belly of a beast.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space