Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm on Strike!

There are certain things my family does that drives me crazy.

Everyday Steve gets a HUGE soda to drink throughout the day. What drives me nuts is the straw get put on the counter (in all its stickiness) or in the sink. Why can't he just throw it in the trash? I have informed him I will no longer be putting this in the trash. I am done! I am on straw strike.(this has been in the sink since last THURSDAY!!!)

My second complaint....cereal boxes. I don't understand why it is so hard to PUT THEM BACK! I have informed them that I am no longer putting cereal boxes away. I am on cereal box strike!
These 4 are just from this morning.
What does your family do that drives you NUTS and you refuse to do?

9 comments:

Cardalls said...

putting keys,shoes, wallets, sunglasses, backpacks etc in the middle of the room! i mean seriously....how HARD is it to put it where it belongs?? toys all over my backyard...in fact i'm overlooking my very messy backyard right now as if i don't have enough to clean up! UGH@!

Sarah said...

Every morning Eric rinses out his cereal bowl but then leaves it in the sink. I don't think it would be that much harder to put it in the dishwasher. However I don't think I have ever mentioned this to him, so it must not bother me too much.

Jossie said...

Wow, the list of things I could write right now! I will have to see if Karl leaves his breakfast stuff out tomorrow morning and take a picture of it. Just an example...sometimes there is a pancake just left on the counter...guess he couldn't walk two steps to put it in the trash???

Brooke Low said...

I agree with Sarah. Jesse always leaves his dishes in the sink "to soak" he tells me.

Lori said...

Good for you!
Oh, and I think Sarah and I are married to the same man. Or at least they are related. Rudy brings home his coffee cup from the morning drive and sets it, empty, in the sink. I believe our dishwasher is all of 20 inches away....

Jennifer said...

Where do I start? I nearly kill myself every day tripping over shoes. The closet under the stairs is dedicated to being a shoe closet. We just chuck the shoes in there. What is so hard about that? I don't mind one pair out for easy access in the house, but seriously!
It also seems that no one in this house can do housework except for me. I do have to say Brenden helps out here and there, but really, is it so tough to rinse out your sink or make sure your tissue gets in the trash, etc?
And my FAVORITE is when I do a heavy cleaning on an area in my house and get it all decluttered only to find an hour later that someone (cough cough Ben cough) has found that area a great place to put all his paperwork and junk.
I go on strike all the time. The problem is that no one else ever does it, and I finally break down and clean when I'm sure it's bad enough to hire a demolishing crew and start over. Sigh...

Jennifer said...

Oh- and if I get angry at Ben and tell him he needs to clean up, he tells Brenden to do it! That just irks me to no end!

Amy said...

Straw strike?! I LOVE IT! It's so funny! Kenzie will always just pull out stuff, dump the whole container of toys out and move on to something else. When Codes gets home from work, he'll change into his athletic shorts and he ALWAYS leaves them on the floor next to our bed, ALWAYS! Never picks them up, never puts them in the dirty clothes hamper, just leaves them there, pairs at a time sometimes. That's it...I'm on short strike! HAAH!

The Jarvis Family said...

I guess its good Steve outs the straws in the sink mine just happens to throw them on the floor go figure..Sometimes it sucks beig such a neat freak because everything bugs me guess I'm glad I'm not alone in this!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space