We were out swimming the other day and Alexis found a baby preying mantis in the back. I wanted to see how close up I could get with my camera...I think it turned out pretty cool. They are amazing looking creatures.

I just don't know about their mating rituals! This poor guy never got to know his father!
Maybe we’ll see Björk?
3 days ago
7 comments:
Man, that is an awesome camera! Worth every penny! Please never use the zoom while I am around. Thanks!
Those are very cool! However, I would have had one of the kids touch it....I don't enjoy being that close and personal with nature. :)
Wow! Megan said it was "freaking awesome."
They are cute little but freak me out a bit full grown.
I found a couple in our backyard but never dare touch them. When I was younger I asked my mom if they bit and she picked one up and said oh no they don't bite and guess what happened next. She got bit! It was hilarious.
Those pictures turned out awesome!
I found one even smaller than that in my yard on Saturday. It hadn't even turned green yet. I watched it for a long time, it's so crazy how tiny they are! Zack ended up stepping on it, I'm afraid. He didn't know it was there. LOL
Post a Comment