Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Closet Transformation

We are always looking for more space in our house for storage. Lately Steve and I have been really concerned about making sure we have enough things that if something were to happen we would have what we need. I decided that our closet was big enough to take about 1/3 of it and build shelves in it to use for storage.

BEFORE:

Steve built the shelves and then we were able to gather a bunch of everyday items we use and stock our 'store.' It is great to have all of these non-food items in one place so we can see what we have and what we need.AFTER:
We still have more to stock up on but its a start.

I think it is so important to make sure you have a supply of not just food and water but of the items you use everyday. What if there was some epidemic and you weren't able to leave the house. How long could you survive on what you have? Our focus in the last two weeks have been bathroom items and medicines. Make a list of everything you use on a daily basis and start stocking up. Even if there isn't a quarantine, what if your spouse lost his job and you couldn't afford to get these items? BE PREPARED!!!!

9 comments:

Melissa B said...

Amen sista. Before Kevin lost his job I started buying extras of the everyday items. I am so glad I did, it has saved me a lot of stress. The closet looks great, you have so much room still.

Sarah said...

Eli looks so tiny in there. Good job. My problem (especially with toiletries) is that I forget to replenish my stock when I use it. For months and months I will have a ton of something, and then will be out.

Jossie said...

Wow great job! We seriously need to build shelves in our closet so that we can get my stupid scrapbook stuff out of the extra room to make room for baby :-)

bloodfamily said...

I just love how you store your children on the shelves of your bedroom closet! I think that I would have to fold mine over so that they would fit.

Jillian said...

Food storage is totally serious...but I too love that Eli is on your closet shelf. I was looking at it for a while before I realized, "What the heck? There's a kid on that shelf!" Hilarious.

Kristen said...

Good job on the shelves and good advice!

Rachel H. said...

I think Mark is going to take Michael to the campout afterall, tell him he can count them in.

rachel said...

Great job! I need to get more of the everyday items, thanks for the reminder.

berrymom said...

The closet look great! You inspired me.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space