Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer Dinner Idea

Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 c. corn kernels (fresh or canned shoepeg is great)
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
2 t. grated lime zest
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1/2 t. salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve at once with tortilla chips. We made Spinach Quesadilla's and had the salsa over it. Make a normal quesadilla but place fresh spinach leaves on the cheese and grill like normal.

Sarah turned me onto this recipe from this blog and told me about the Spinach Quesadillas...all props go to her! Thanks Sarah!

(6 points for 1 1/2 c. of salad)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

It is good, and such an easy, light meal to have. I really enjoyed it on the quesadillas.

Jillian said...

I the little thumbnail picture that shows updates, those chips looked mighty freaky. Took me some times to figure out what the heck they were.

I felt bad for your poor children.

Cardalls said...

YUMMY! It sounds yummy to me, but I might be the only one in the family who ate it :(

Unknown said...

How funny.... It was my friend Sarah Jones here in the Sierra Ranch ward who made Shoepeg Salsa a.k.a. Cowboy Caviar for a ladies event and I've loved it ever since!!! She also brought it to my Indoor Campfire Dinner Party as an appetizer and we finished the bowl off!!! Thanks for the recipe... I have been wanting it!

Lisa said...

That looks really good! I've got a lot of catching up to do on your blog... you've been busy!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

That looks so good. I will have to make it soon!

Cardalls said...

HOw much does it make? I'm making it for tyler's baptism lunch and am wondering if I should double or triple it?

rachel said...

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had been on your blog. First of all that salsa looks awesome, I'm going to try and make it for dinner tonight. Second, I would totally love to go to Serendipity with you when you go. And those pictures of Eli shaving were way too cute, I'm going to have to get one of those for Connor.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space