Friday, March 20, 2009

Contacts

Alexis has been talking about getting contacts for some time so I took her to the Optometrist today. He first put them in her eyes. She was getting frustrated because she kept closing her eyes which he then couldn't get the contact in there. But then she relaxed and he was able to get them in.
Then SHE had to take them out herself and put them back in. It only took her a couple of times to get them out.
When she put them back in, she got her right eye on the first try and the left one on the 3rd or 4th try. She did AMAZINGLY well! The doctor said he was with a 29 yr old yesterday that took 2 1/2 hrs to get them in!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, that is good she got them in all by herself. They can be tricky!

Cardalls said...

Good for Alexis!

berrymom said...

Wow! That is better than I did about 6 months ago when I got contacts for the first time. She is amazing! Way to go Alexis!

PULN7GS said...

woo hoo- jack will probably get them this summer!

Jenean Hoffman said...

What a great job Alexis did! And what a wonderful mom you are for getting them for her. I had to wait until college to get mine. I was stuck wearing really thick glasses for many many years...bitter? Moi? Luckily Alexis is adorable with or without the glasses! But what a great freedom it is to be frameless!

bloodfamily said...

Alexis is very lucky. I was one of those people who took 2 hours to get them in. I'm sure that she will really enjoy them.

Sarah said...

I am very impressed. I think it took me 2 years to get good at putting in contact lenses. Good job Alexis!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

She is so cute. She told us all about her contacts today. It is pretty cool that she is so good about getting them in and out.

Lori said...

I can't believe she is big enough for contacts! How fun for her!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space