Friday, March 27, 2009

Allergies

I took Eli in to get tested for Allergies. Ever since he was born he has always been stuffed up-the weather has been really windy this week and I think it has been affecting him so off to the allergist we went.
They drew lines on his back and then pricked him but they said it doesn't hurt-he didn't seem to mind so I guess I believe them. There was one dot that really looked bad-turns out that is just a test area to make sure the test is working. So the results-he is allergic to....NOTHING! Well they call it Non-allergenic Rhinitis...which doesn't really mean much to me. I think it may be that he has symptoms of allergies but to nothing specific. But they gave him a chewable that when he seems like he has symptoms to give it to him. The positive is that he doesn't have to be medicated everyday-just when he shows symptoms.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I would love to know specifically what I am allergic too. Mine are terrible right now. I'm glad those pricks didn't hurt little Eli.

Cardalls said...

Garrett wasn't allergic to anything either, just seasonal allergies, but I think in Vegas with it being so windy and dry there is so much more gunk in the air and it affects all of us more. I would love to see what happened to our allergies if we moved somewhere else.

Melissa B said...

I have never suffered from allergies until I moved to Vegas. Every spring I get 'em really bad. This spring has been particularly unbearable. So I feel for Eli. I am glad that the test didn't hurt and that it seems to be just seasonal allergies. Hope he finds some relief!

bloodfamily said...

I had the same test done, and they told me the same thing - I'm allergic to "airborne dust". WHAT! At least they didn't say horses or hay...can you imagine? Eli is such a trouper...*High* 5 for Eli!

Lisa said...

ugh, that doesn't look like fun, but glad you got good news! my sister is alergic to grass... not fun, along with a bunch of other everyday necessities

Jenn Shields said...

i'm just a blog stalker. but what is that bump in the second picture? my husband gets that on his side sometimes and it stays for like a day, other times a couple days and then completely goes away. is it allergy related? we can't figure it out for the life of us. he says it doesn't hurt, it just shows up.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space