100 Things about me:
#28: I still sleep with a baby blanket
I have no issues admitting this. Since I was born I have always had a Baby Morgan blanket. I always had it with me and my mom use to say, "Well at least we know she won't take it to college"...WRONG. I did and it was a favorite with some of my roommates. Then my mom thought "At least you won't have it when you get married!" WRONG. I still use it and can't sleep without it! It isn't necessarily that it is my baby blanket but I have realized that I need something between my pillow and my face. If not, my nose is IN the pillow and I can't breath.

This isn't my original one. A few years ago I had to switch it out for a new one. The old one was falling apart. The sad thing is that Baby Morgan Blankets are VERY tough to find. It has to have the silkie edge and there is a certain softness to the REAL ones. They are a bunch of knock off (Bright Future) on eBay so it is a gamble when you order one.
I have passed this love onto my children. Alexis is hooked on hers and wraps her blanket around her pillow for the full effect. This is a replacement-on a road trip hers must have fallen out of the car at a stop because it didn't make it home.
Eli has his on his bed and at night I sometimes cover him with it but he hasn't fallen in love quite yet! It will come!
To see other people's SPT see here!
#28: I still sleep with a baby blanket
I have no issues admitting this. Since I was born I have always had a Baby Morgan blanket. I always had it with me and my mom use to say, "Well at least we know she won't take it to college"...WRONG. I did and it was a favorite with some of my roommates. Then my mom thought "At least you won't have it when you get married!" WRONG. I still use it and can't sleep without it! It isn't necessarily that it is my baby blanket but I have realized that I need something between my pillow and my face. If not, my nose is IN the pillow and I can't breath.
This isn't my original one. A few years ago I had to switch it out for a new one. The old one was falling apart. The sad thing is that Baby Morgan Blankets are VERY tough to find. It has to have the silkie edge and there is a certain softness to the REAL ones. They are a bunch of knock off (Bright Future) on eBay so it is a gamble when you order one.
I have passed this love onto my children. Alexis is hooked on hers and wraps her blanket around her pillow for the full effect. This is a replacement-on a road trip hers must have fallen out of the car at a stop because it didn't make it home.
Eli has his on his bed and at night I sometimes cover him with it but he hasn't fallen in love quite yet! It will come!
To see other people's SPT see here!
16 comments:
how funny that you use it to keep your nose out of the pillow!! i love that you stay true to the *original.*
cute!!
What are you doing to your children? Just kidding. I don't remember every seeing this blanket. I have certain pillowcases I like to sleep with at night. I remember I had one a few years ago that was my very favorite. Eventually is totally fell apart, but I would still lay it on top of my pillow, because I loved the way it felt. Sadly, since Eric made such fun of me, it is now gone.
My daughter will be 12 soon and still sleeps with a silky as she calls them. I thought she would get over it eventually, but nope. She loves it wrapped around her pillow too.
I have my first blanket too!! And each of my kids still have a favorite- it's very comforting.
My oldest son had one of those blankets when he was little and wouldn't sleep without it. I understand why you love it. His was so soft and comfy.
I wasn't raised with a blankie, but my kids all have them!! It's their little thing that is truly their own. I love the specialness of them.
Don't worry I still have my baby blanket and its the original... Mine was falling apart so I have semi-retired it but now I have my husbands and I sleep with it every night!
i would still have mine, but my mom threw it away because i used to suck on the corners and they were black and nasty!
Cute post! I love learning these quirky things about you!
Cute! How our mothers words echo...and how we can out last them! I know I said things like eventually they will pee in a potty, they will walk and talk and thank GOD they did! I didn't use the blanket line!
That's so funny and cute!
My little girl takes her blanket everywhere we go. I had to downgrade from a huge blanket that came with her crib set to a smaller one, it took her a while to get used to the new one, but she finally did.
I wonder if she will be like you...
Hey, I used to have one of those! With the silky edges and all. I never knew they had a real name, though. I used to sleep with a small, down pillow. It was always housed in a yellow case, thus the name "Yellow-Pellow." I HAD to have it to sleep. Then one day, I went to a sleep-over at a friend's house, and when I packed up to leave, it was no where to be found. Sad, sad day.
I still have the quilt that my mother made me when I was young. I don't sleep with it anymore, but I keep it for a keepsake. At least you switch your blankies out so they aren't all tattered.
I think that it is neat that you have a blanket that you love so much. It sounds like they hold up pretty well. How many have you had over the years?
Very cute! I used to have a blankie myself and Katie still loves hers. I guess some eventually get rid of them and some dont. Hey thanks for all the comments concerning my new blog. I love the pictures for Highschool muscial.
Post a Comment