Step by step tutorial of:
"How to get out of your car seat when you are 3."
by Eli Randall
"How to get out of your car seat when you are 3."
by Eli Randall
1. Have parent strap you in snugly
2. Get your arms through strap by lowering chest buckle
3. See how much wiggle room you have at this point...um...not quite there!
4. If you need more wiggle room, there is a button that you can push that will loosen the straps. While you are pushing the button, push against straps so you can have more wiggle room.
5. Close up of the button to push (note: some buttons are located in different spots depending on the car seat you have)
6. See, I am really pushing it hard while I am arching my back to get those straps looser. We are almost there!
7. Use car handle to get more leverage and get your legs out. Continue these steps in this order or whatever order works for you until....
8. Viola! You are out! Whew...that was hard work!
Parents note:This is just simply not acceptable! Really..what am I suppose to do about this!?
14 comments:
That is some serious persistence. If stopping the car every time he does it doesn't work, I would suggest taking away favorite toys every time it happens. But he sure looks cute doing it.
i would agree with Sarah...you have to take priveleges away if he keeps doing it!
Oh my gosh...so funny!! I love that you took step by step pics of it too. Sorry, no advise for you, Kennedi has always been good about her car seat.
That is awesome that it was step by step with commentary! Oh man, I wish I knew what to tell you. I would say if he stays in his car seat the whole drive, he gets a reward (a piece of candy, a tiny toy, etc). Good luck!
I have never had to deal with it but I think some mom was talking about how one time she stopped and put him on the hood of a car and a cop stopped by and told him he had to stay in his carseat or he would get in trouble. Do you know any cops?
Wow, smart kid. Pushing the button to loosen the straps and everything. I have no thoughts on how to prevent this. I like the cop idea.
Ok I have to tell you. Just 2 days ago. I'm driving on the freeway talking on my cell phone. Ok- So I go about 75 mph on the freeway. Yes I like to drive fast.
I see out of the corner of my eye, blue that wasn't just there. I look back & there is my 3 yr old sitting in the middle seat of our suburban. Now she sits in the back row in her car seat. She was able to quietly unlock her car set walk across the seat we keep down to get from the back to middle row & get in the seat that didn't have a car seat!! I about freaked!! All the sudden everything around you becomes a possible threat of an accident that could happen. What if that car hits me while she's out of her seat...
So if you have any ideas let me know too!!! 3 yr olds - Ugh...
I also have been known to spank a bottom occasionally (okay I have done this recently with Garrett)...for me it is a huge safety concern!
Yeah, that's a BIG problem. I love how you did this post, so creative, and so funny, although not really funny at all.
Zack does this EVERY time we are in the car! Well, he doesn't know about the part that will loosen the straps, but he finagles his way out with his shoulders. I was driving and looked back and he was almost leaning on my chair! It's crazy!
That just stinks...as for ideas..i have nothing..sorry!!!
Oh goodness! What a persistant, smart litle guy! Good luck with this challenge.
Oh goodness! What a persistant, smart litle guy! Good luck with this challenge.
Tie a knot onto the strap right next to the button he has to push to loosen everything... if his car seat is anything like Amber's and my kids' car seats, that strap has to slide past that button thing, and if there's a knot there it won't slide, so therefore can't loosen...
Post a Comment