On Wednesday morning we leave for our family vacation to.....
DISNEYLAND!!!!
It has been 5 years since we last went which means Alexis was 4 and Eli was -2 years old! I can't wait to go and to see their expressions! We will go 1/2 day on Wednesday and all day Thursday and Friday. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 2 of the nights! I hear you can get into the park 1 hour early when you do that so I really need to hit the BEST attractions then!
I want suggestions from people on what to do, what not to do. What to do first or any tips or hints that you have for us!
DISNEYLAND!!!!It has been 5 years since we last went which means Alexis was 4 and Eli was -2 years old! I can't wait to go and to see their expressions! We will go 1/2 day on Wednesday and all day Thursday and Friday. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 2 of the nights! I hear you can get into the park 1 hour early when you do that so I really need to hit the BEST attractions then!
I want suggestions from people on what to do, what not to do. What to do first or any tips or hints that you have for us!
8 comments:
Okay I had to reread your -2 year old Eli. At first I thought you couldn't add because I didn't see the -. Funny! Have so much fun!
What exactly does Alexis mean by OMG! Funny. I am so jealous. You guys are going to have so much fun.
You crack me up that you said that Eli was -2 years old :-) I would just say to enjoy everything and fast passes are great! I think they are included in the price of the ticket but if you can do them on some of the bigger rides, they are totally worth it. Have fun! Can't wait to see pictures.
How fun! I am excited for you. I hope you all have a great time!
You have to have a dinner at the Blue Bayou restaurant. It's the restaurant that is in the Pirates of the Carribean ride! A bit pricey but totally worth it! You can make reservations through the hotel I think. Or at the restaurant front in New Orlean's Square. It's also where Bert and I got engaged :)
I too heard that the fast passes were totally and completely worth it. So, I would invest (if needs be) in those. We are going to be going out there next year for Emma's big 5. We started a tradition and said that when the kids turn 5 they get to go to disneyland. Well, The tradition sort of starts with Emma. We'll see how long it lasts with each child. (We may just go broke what with a child 2-3 years apart. or we'll just get sick of it and forget the whole thing, we'll see.) Have fun and kiss mickey for us.
I know you probably have heard Jen's version of what happened between us and don't have the highest opinion of me at the moment but I wanted to comment. Hopefully you get this before you leave for Disneyland. Ok, so here is my advice since I am the Disneyland expert. :) Some of this you might already know. I agree with your friend that you have to eat at the Blue Bayou and they have this Monte Cristo sandwich that is amazing! If you have a chance to eat breakfast there, go to the one across from the Tarzan tree house. I can't remember what it's called but it has amazing food and they make Mickey shaped pancakes which is fun for kids.
Fast passes really are worth it... on the long rides you get on so much faster and can go on other rides while you wait.
Don't go to Fantasy land during the day because it is overly crowded with all the kids. Do it either first thing or wait until later at night when all the parents have taken their kids home. The Peter Pan ride is the best.
They've re-done the Space Mountain ride and it's really cool. It's always been my favorite in Disneyland.
That's all I can think of. Have a good time! Disneyland rocks!!
Well lookie lookie... LOL
Thought I would drop my two cents about Disneyland. I would say to pick the parades that you want to see and then hit the rides during the other parades. Most of the kids are watching the parades, so if you guys don't like those... use the time to hit the stuff that normally has long lines! Blue Bayou is yummy, but quite overpriced, and it wasn't the best food I've ever had in my life. There are so many types of food to choose from between Disneyland and California Adventure. Brenden and I definately prefer lunch on the pier at California Adventure. There is a little place that had soup and breadbowls, and it is SUPER yummy! I have heard there is a good Mexican food restaurant in there as well, but I haven't tried it yet. There is also a yummy ice cream place in CA Adv. You need to go to "It's a Bug's World". I bet Eli would LOVE it. There is a 3D movie that is totally cute. It is in CA Adv. Also, there are small bumper cars for Eli's size kiddos there. There is a small section of smaller kid rides in CA Adv that are nice, and CA Adv closes before Disneyland does, so try to do those first in the day. There is a Build-A-Bear at Downtown Disney (where you will get off the shuttle)There are lots of other shops, and I find that the souveneers are better there, and it is easier access, and opened later than Disneyland is. Fantasyland is terribly crowded much of the time, so you might want to dedicate a day or two to the kid rides only. There is a Pirates of the Carribean shop that Eli might get a kick out of if he is into pirates from his Halloween costume. Oh- your kids might enjoy Tom Sawyer's Island as well. There are caves and bridges that Eli might think are fun. If you feel like venturing out for eating, there is an AWESOME Mexican food place off of Lincoln and Euclid street (near my house I grew up in) that is called MEXICASA. You guys could feed your whole family dinner for probably $25. IF you want to go there, you can call Ben or I for dirrections. Oh, and IF you go, you MUST have a shredded beef taco. That's just the law. LOL Anyhow, I can't seem to think of any other useful tips at the moment, but if I think of any I will let you know! Have fun!!! :o)
Post a Comment