Tuesday, October 7, 2008

SPT

this month, we will consult our 100 lists. it's quite simple, really. on the 7th of the month post an spt about item #7 on your list. on the 14th of the month, post an spt about item #14. and so on. and so on.

On my list this is my #7...

7- I don’t like to take aspirin or any pain medications, even for a headache.
1999 In Labor with Alexis

Because of this, I have had both of my children without pain medication. I grew up learning that is how you have babies. Seeing it done with pain medication, I would chose my way any day. There is something about being an active participant in bring your child into this world that I wouldn't trade. There is just something empowering about it too! I felt like I could conquer ANYTHING in the world after giving birth to my children.

(I don't judge those who don't, its all personal preference.)

Want to know what other people's #7's are? Click here!

26 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

wow... I have not given birth but that just sounds painful to me. Congrats on being a warrior.

Rebekah said...

mazel tov! i hope i have natural births. it seems so, i don't know, natural to me.

ha. i'm funny.

Courtney said...

I am so impressed! I only had one of my four natural and that was by accident (went too fast for anything to take effect) and it wa pretty bad...I enjoy the drugs, thank you very much! But I am ALWAYS impressed and amazed by you POWER women who can do without!

Janiece said...

Wow...I had one natural and it was because there wasn't time to do anything else...the next two...I slept through.
I will take the sleeping anyday.

wende said...

i'm the type of girl who takes some motrin if i think i'm going to be getting a headache! :)

but good for you, one au naturale labor with complications enough to end in c-section was enough for me. scheduled c-seciton is the way to go for me! i was built for carrying them, but pushing them out is a whole other story!

Unknown said...

way to go!!

somewhere on my list it says that i believe in holistic healing and chiropractic care. it also says i believe in Advil liqui-gels ;)

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I am impressed by your strength!

Sarah said...

You are totally crazy! Just kidding, you know I love you. It is just so darn painful I don't know how you have done it.

Anonymous said...

what a coincidence - my number 7 was about natural childbirth, too! if i ever get around to posting my spt today maybe you can read all about it! ;) and from one natural laborer to another, way to go!!

Jenean Hoffman said...

You are a warrior! I tried to do it but it took me 37 hours to have Ethan and I was out of my mind so I took the epidural card! Twice! (The first one wore off). If I was blessed with another child, I'm going to call you to be my doula! Seriously!

Missy said...

Oh, you're awesome. I really love your comments on being 'an active participant'. I admire that.

But, I have had one out of five natural and will take the drugs anyday. I just think for me I can do other things to be that participant. That's just me... :o)

Shanell said...

I give you a LOT of credit, I don't think I could do it without meds. I thought I was going to die before I got them with Kenna.

janna said...

Wow you are a wonder woman by not using pain meds.

crystal said...

Oooohhh. I am in awe that you actually embrace the pain! My epidural didn't work w/ baby #2 and I thought I was going to DIE.

(found you thru Lelly)

Lene said...

Way to go! I think that natural is the way to go. Unfortunately I have had all 5 of my kids by c-section and the pain meds aren't really a choice in that case!

Jossie said...

My pain threshold is way to low to do the natural childbirth thing. Way to go you! Even though I had an epidural I still felt very much an active participant :-) The pressure was almost too much for me to handle :-) You are amazing! Loved the post!

Jeanette said...

That's awesome. I had my first three naturally, but found that #4-6 caused me much more pain than the first 3(and the first 3 were bad) so I went for the epidural and Oooh baby,what had I been missing? I loved it!

Michelle Alley said...

I admire your stick with it-ness! I am all for pain medication - too much so though! Cute blog!

Bren's Life said...

I grew up on the opposite end & took medication for eveything... I have suffered from migranes since a teen & can't get through them without migrane medicine.
But my hubby never takes medicine either... I need to try harder to not pop tylenol as soon as something hurts..
Never gave birth so I can't say what I'd do in that situation!.

Bren's Life said...

Oh & By the way! Hi again.. I haven't done SPT in like 2 months & haven't checked in on everyone..
If you stop by my blog, say Hi! I'd love to be friends & talk more..

rachel said...

You know you're my hero. I only lasted to a 3 before I was screaming for someone to do something.
BTW - I would love to go the photoshop class with you!

The Monkeys said...

Most people think I am crazy when I say that I would take the natural over the drugged births. I had 1 with drugs, 3 without. I had a hard time feeling the accomplishment that I did with the non medicated births. But I have to admit, I take motrin for headaches now!

Lara B said...

You are amazing, I think a little nuts but amazing :) I don't think I don't know if I could ever do what you did. You are a tough chick. I love your SPT's. Love ya!

Graham said...

Wow! I don't know how you do it, you are amazing. I don't know if I would dare not having any meds.

MaryRC said...

really your better off in the long run. no sense in depleting your pain tolerance power!!

Dacia said...

That's awesome that you can do childbirth without the drugs. I'm all about any drug that can take pain away! I've never been more than a 5cm before I got my epidural and this last time I was at an 8cm and still had them give me the epidural. I felt like I was dying. You are a super woman to be able to take that pain all the way through!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space