We kill bugs for a living. Its not a prestigious job but its what we do and it pays the bills. I do all of the office work and Steve does all the outside work. So I am the lucky one who gets to talk to customers all day! We decided to have some kids in our ward put those annoying little fliers on people's doors for advertising.

Having said all that...I get a call from someone saying that she has received our flier on her door again (we have only done this today-never before) and she finds it very peculiar that every time she finds a flier she also finds dead roaches in the corners by her door. She then tells me that she thinks we are planting them there. So I just start laughing because seriously...that is ridiculous! Where the heck are we buying or collecting dead roaches from and then to take the time to 'plant' them at people's houses...really, do we have time for that? So I tell her we would never do that and she really doesn't believe me so after awhile of trying to convince her we don't do that I tell her what she really needs is medical help. She then used a very bad F word to me so I hung up on her.
Seriously...

Having said all that...I get a call from someone saying that she has received our flier on her door again (we have only done this today-never before) and she finds it very peculiar that every time she finds a flier she also finds dead roaches in the corners by her door. She then tells me that she thinks we are planting them there. So I just start laughing because seriously...that is ridiculous! Where the heck are we buying or collecting dead roaches from and then to take the time to 'plant' them at people's houses...really, do we have time for that? So I tell her we would never do that and she really doesn't believe me so after awhile of trying to convince her we don't do that I tell her what she really needs is medical help. She then used a very bad F word to me so I hung up on her.
Seriously...
15 comments:
NO WAY!!! I am dying that you told her she needed medical help! So funny! Sometimes doing a customer service job sucks, huh?
WOW! It takes all kinds...
I would never have the nerve to call people and accuse them of such things like she did, even if I really thought they were doing it. Just the fact that she thought you were actually planting dead roaches is CRAZY! Who would even do that?! Good for you for suggesting medical help, sounds like she really needs it!
I have a dead roach outside of my front door right now. Is there something you need to tell me? It is really bazaar that she would actually take time out of her day to accuse you of this.
Well, I have a ton of dead roaches outside my door today and I know for a fact that Steve put them there since he was here spraying and found a nest of them that all came running out when he sprayed. Doesn't she realize that you would put live ones outside her door if you wanted to make her get service?
I am laughing so hard right now!
How funny! That is just CRAZY!! We have done the flyer on the door advertising before. There's an actual company here that does it. And in a way, it's kind of nice because everytime someone has called to complain, we tell them to call the flyer company.
That is so funny. She must really have some issues and that is funny that you told her that.
That is very funny!!! The life-like picture is really too much!
You know that you totally put those roaches there! ROFLOL Seriously, people are psycho sometimes! I am seeing too many spiders upstairs, so I think I need to have Steve come spray inside, but give me a week since my gma is here for a week, and then I get get my bedroom up to tip-top shape.
Can get. Not get get.
Oh and to Melissa Bell... it doesn't take all kinds, *It Takes All Sorts* LOL
(oh, and YES that was the song from the play, I'm NOT correcting your english or anything... LOL)
I get it Jen....but thanks for clarifying. hahahaha
That is the funniest thing. I can't believe that someone would actually have the nerve to call and say that to you. I SOOOO hate cockroaches- I do NOT miss having them around. When we moved to St George our new home was infested with them. In fact, we had Bulwark try to get rid of them for us- it took 2 1/2 months, and they worked hard at it. NIGHTMARE! The people we bought it from owned a taco truck(roach coach) Hmmm. I was so relieved when that was over. I REALLY appreciate that people do what you guys do for a living! :)
Great advertising, I so love that you told her she needed medical help. Everytime I see a roach on it's back and dying, I think of the Randalls and get a warm fuzzy feeling! Thanks for saving us from a fallen world, one roach at a time!
oh my gosh....that is a good one. people are seriously crazy!!! i don't know how you deal with customers still, I only did for 3 years, and was the biggest B to people like that. Like, "you guys just sprayed and now there are dead bugs in my house, I need you back out here to spray again".....yeah no DUH, that is what you pay us for, dead bugs!!
Post a Comment