Today Steve and I celebrate our 13th Anniversary. We have known each other for almost 15 years. We met at Ricks college at the beginning of my 2nd year there, his first.
What attracted me to him: "You were the center of attention. People are drawn to you."
What attracted him to me: "You were quiet and mysterious. Not like anyone I had dated before."
Why did he want to marry me: "She came from a tall family and had athleticism, so I could have tall, athletic kids."
Why did I want to marry him: "He played baseball so our kids would be athletic."
(both said jokingly and this hasn't been 100% proved yet)
These are 2 of our engagement pictures. We went to a small town called St. Anthony, near Rexburg, Idaho. This is actually a small river that we would go swimming in. I know it looks a bit rough but it was because the snow was melting from the winter so the river was full and really rough. It is usually a very calm river.

We were sealed in the Mesa, Arizona temple. At first I wasn't crazy about the Mesa temple. It didn't look like the "typical" temple plus some of the landscaping has cacti. (Why do people plant cacti on purpose?) But I now love it! It is exactly like the Hawaii temple which I think is gorgeous.
No making fun of the puffy sleeves and the style of the dress. 1-It was 1995 2-I didn't have much of a choice. That is a whole story in itself.

We were sealed in the Mesa, Arizona temple. At first I wasn't crazy about the Mesa temple. It didn't look like the "typical" temple plus some of the landscaping has cacti. (Why do people plant cacti on purpose?) But I now love it! It is exactly like the Hawaii temple which I think is gorgeous.
No making fun of the puffy sleeves and the style of the dress. 1-It was 1995 2-I didn't have much of a choice. That is a whole story in itself.
Happy Anniversary Steve! Here's to 13 great years and more to come!
8 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! Rachael, people are drawn to you. And Steve you are so very mysterious. I hope this year is your best yet.
I think the dress is beautiful actually! (But I was married in the mid 90's too!). You guys look GREAT!!
LOL! Your dress is a heck of a lot better than mine! ROFLOL
Happy Anniversary!
OH- and hey! Stargazer Lillies were in my boquet too... :o)
I thought that was the Hawaii Temple before I read it. Congratulations on 13 years!
If I can't comment on the puffy sleeves I'm not commenting at all :-) Congrats!
Congrats! As one married around that same time period I did not have the puffy sleeves, but did however have the trailing bouquet. I did also wear my shirts tucked it and carefully puffed back out over the braided belts. Cute pictures.
Congrats on 13 year!! Love the pictures! Isn't it funny how style changes so fast.
Oh by the way, I am sicker with this one, or at least it started earlier.
You guys are so handsome together! Sorry i haven't commented in a while..it been crazy busy and my blog was sometimes to slow or maybe it was my compute but anyway, Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment