Sunday, June 8, 2008

Room Makeover!!!

Since Alexis was going to be gone for a few days, Steve and I decided to do a room makeover for her. OK, really I decided and Steve helped execute it! Thank goodness since I can't work a saw at all! Here are some before pictures:


We moved everything out, and primed the walls. Eli even helped out. Even with getting paint on her carpet and painting the finished pink walls, brown in some areas! Thanks son! Just adding that to my list!
Here is the painting done...now for some trim work. We did new baseboards, chair rail and trim around the window. I am bummed I didn't get a picture of me with the nail gun. I did all of the trim after Steve cut them the right lengths.
Here are the After pictures:


There are a few things left to hang on the walls but it looks great! When she got home last night from San Diego I asked her to come into her room so I could show her something. This was her reaction!
She loved it. She just kept saying, "Oh my goodness" over and over. Unfortunately Steve was still up in Mesquite at his games until 11pm so he didn't get to see her reaction, but I think the above picture tells it all. Glad she loved it!

9 comments:

Melissa B said...

The room looks really cute. I like the letters abover her closet against the brown wall, they really stand out. Cute bedding too!

Cardalls said...

The room is great, I love her reaction. What a fun Mom you are to do that for her while she was gone!

Jossie said...

I LOVE it! I seriously can't belive all of the things you get done in your house! Do you have a few extra hours in the day that I don't? Oh, I guess you do since I take those naps with Tyler. I really need to suck it up and just do something already :-)

Sarah said...

It really looks great! I especially love the bedding. The look on her face is so much fun.

Amy said...

WOW! What a make over. I love it. The brown is so cute and I love the trim! It all just looks so put together. Nice job. That Alexis is so lucky to have you as a Mom!

Lori said...

WOW! Can you come and do mine? I'll be out of town this weekend. I promise to make the same face! :-)

hzaby said...

That is a so cute. You are very creative and crafty. I still have white walls and not a lot of pictures. That was a cute reaction.

rachel said...

I LOVE it!!! The bedding is super cute and Alexis really did look surprised!

Ralaina said...

Alexis is a lucky girl! What a great room. You really have "the touch"

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space