Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SPT-Something old

Go to Lelly's blog to get the full scoop on her SPT challenge for May. May means wedding month to her so for the 4 Tuesday's this month we are in search of something old (for the 6th), something new (on the 13th), something borrowed (the 20th), and something blue (for the 27th).
When I first read this I thought...ehhh...maybe I will take off the month of May, I can't think of anything. But then hey, what is the harm in sitting down and THINKING of something! That is what I love about doing the SPT challenge! So then it hit me...duh!
The oldest thing I own is 33 (almost 34) years old.

When my mom was pregnant with me, my dad and a friend made this cradle for her/me and gave it to her at her baby shower. It is made out of Golden Oak and Mahogany.
When I was pregnant with Alexis, my mom gave it to me.
This is Alexis a few days old in it. (July 1999)
I can't find the picture of Eli in it.
For my birthday, the same year Alexis was born, Steve had this brass plaque made for me. We placed it on the back of the cradle. I still need to add Eli's name to it. Hopefully we will be able to one day, put another baby in it!
In the flower shaped cut out, on the back, there use to be 4 tear shape crystal pieces but over 33 years and countless moves, those are gone.
I love that I have this cradle and will pass it on to one of my kids.

Here's another thing that is old...ME!
Looks at those grays! Okay so the picture accentuates it a lot but this is 4-5 weeks out from my last hair appointment! Thankfully, I have an appointment for tomorrow but seriously folks...I am OLD and GREY!

18 comments:

Melissa B said...

What beautiful treasure to have to be able to pass down through generations! Isn't it amazing how little babies are when they are born?! Alexis looks so tiny and comfy in it.

Sarah said...

That plaque is amazing. I have never seen it on the cradle. It is great that one day your little grandkids will be able to sleep in it!!

Alisa said...

This gave me goose bumps-
What a treasure!
Love that you have been able to add the plaque-

janna said...

What a beautiful cradle & memories to boot!

Becky said...

That cradle is gorgeous!!!

Courtney said...

Oh I love that cradle...just beautiful and so priceless filled with memories!

Unknown said...

you don't know how close i was to posting a photo of the top of my head (and all of my gray) too!!

the cradle is beautiful. go out and get the engraving up-to-date!!

Bren's Life said...

How neat to have your cradle and to be able to use it for your kids.
I have gray in my blond hair too, it's just not as noticable.
Have fun at your appoinment.

Melody said...

I love that cradle! What an awesome keepsake!

And I haven't even looked for gray's! I don't think I want to!:( Your hair looks so natural I had no idea you colored it???

Shanell said...

Your hair isn't really as grey as that picture made it look is it?? there was a glare or something, lol ...that is funny!! Love the cradle by the way.

Dacia said...

What a beautiful cradle! That is so sweet that you have a plaque on it. What a great heirloom!

Chris said...

That cradle is beautiful. What a wonderful thing to pass on.

Tilane said...

That is the cutest cradle ever!

Jeanette said...

What an amazing cradle. How wonderful that you still have it to enjoy with your own babies.

Lori said...

Your hubby is so sweet to have made that plaque to add to it! What a neat piece of family tradition to share!

rachel said...

I lOVE that cradle!! What a great keepsake to pass down! Steve is very creative!

Amy said...

That is so great! I love that it is so unique and different. Very cool. Nice job Steve...he's so sweet.

Jossie said...

Nice shot of the grey hair woman! That cracked me up. I love the plaque on the back of the cradle. Cute!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space