This past weekend we headed to Flagstaff Arizona for Steve's grandfathers funeral. He turned 100 years old this past January. The viewing and funeral were on Friday in Flagstaff and then Saturday morning we went to Pine, AZ which is about an hour and a half further East.
On the road to Pine...cue creepy music!
On the road to Pine...cue creepy music!
Some of the cousins...Lindsay, Becca, Heather and Tori
The newlyweds: Tyler (the oldest nephew) and his wife Lindsey
The front and back of the headstone. I thought it was neat that they have the children's name on the back...that is Steve's dad... James, and the picture above is the 3 of them.
The pallbearers...don't ask me why some are wearing jeans. I have nothing to say on that.
It looks like they are praying in this picture but they aren't. That is Steve's dad and his oldest brother and one of our nephews, Nick.After the burial some of us went to lunch and got a little crazy.
Becca and AlexisThen we took a tour of Pine which was pretty much founded by The Randall's.
We went to one of the properties and realized soon that the wet clay/mud was not a good thing to be walking in. On one of their properties there is a well so we tried to get off as much of the clay as possible. It was a mess.
Steve scraping off my shoes.
The girls decided to do a little dance in the grass to get their shoes clean.
Can you believe it snowed while we were there....it was either snowing or raining the whole weekend except for Sunday when we were heading home.
Eli watching 2 movies on 2 different iPod's in the car. Are our kids spoiled these days or what? They don't know how good they have it!
6 comments:
Eli's looks very interested in that movie, and your right, the first picture looks very scary. It's too bad it wasn't great weather. I need to expose my kids to snow more. Last winter when we went up to Mt. Charleston, Jackson kept asking us what all that white stuff was.
Snow the end of May is crazy!
It was a sad and snowy day! The clay was really deep! A few inches from the gate and I started sinking!!!!
PHEW!!
I can't believe it snowed on you...that is just crazy!
Looks like it was a bittersweet trip. I must confess that I thought in my head, "Gasp! They are wearing jeans!" Then I scrolled down to see what you'd written! Yeah, me too! Nothin' to say about that.
What a beautiful place you were!
I love the picture of Steve scraping off your shoes - how sweet! That last picture of Eli is so funny - I love the expression on his face!
Post a Comment