The last challenge for the month of May, was Something Blue.I had high hopes to get something done but then we had to go out of town this weekend and although we got back on Sunday and still had Monday...I didn't get my project done.
I really need to paint my bathroom and I decided on doing a nice blue and getting dark brown towels. I got the paint yesterday but when I put it on the walls, I didn't like it at all. It actually is a nice blue but more for a kids room or kids bathroom. Not for the master!

Anyone in need of a gallon of good paint...in Muscari Blue?

I was hoping for Blue skies in Flagstaff, AZ where we went this past weekend but this is what it was instead! (More about our weekend in a later post...this is SPT)
Does anyone have any good blue paint suggestions?
11 comments:
i will be looking for responses on recommendations for blue paint. i've never done a blue room before.
(oh, wait, i've never actually painted a room before...)
sorry it was rainy over your weekend. hope it was still a nice getaway.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment :) I agree with you about the paint color....just not quite right for the master bath. I hate trying to find paint. It takes me forever!
BTW, I love the color of your blog!!!
Go visit: Tracey at : http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/a_cottage_industry/
She tells you exactly what to buy to get that oh so popular robins egg blue that she has all througout her house.
Can't wait to see the update bathroom pics!
I have my kids bathroom blue & I love it. But I'll have to see the name of it... i have done that so many times, bought paint & then not liked it once it is on the wall...
I'm sure you'll find what you love!
Choosing a paint color is so difficult. I can't tell you how many times I repainted our entry way. Jacksons room is blue and I love going in there. It is such a comfortable color.
Rachael, I actually like that blue shade...we painted our boys' rooms blue and it took me awhile to get just the right shade...I finally realized that blues with more gray in them are the way to go. A blue bathroom with the brown towels will look gorgeous!
So sorry you didn't get the AZ sunshine over the weekend...but down here in the valley, we really enjoyed the needed rain and the cooler weather before the heat of the summer slaps us in the face! CRAZY huh?
That last picture looks like something out of a scary movie, where creepy things come out of the fog! Also, I think that blue looks nice. Paint colors are hard, it never seems to look the same once it is one the wall as it does on the paint chip. Good luck!
It's so hard to decide on paint from a little paint chip to an entire room. Good luck, I've never painted blue, so I don't have any great suggesstions. Hope it turns out!
I hate it when paint doesn't come out right. Good luck with your project. It sounds fabulous! I love blue and dark brown together.
For your bathroom you need a light blue with grey in it. That will make it not so much of a kid's color. I think the blue you got is perfect for a kid's room. Wanna come paint Brenden's room? LOL Totally kidding...
I actually think the pain color is nice but maybe it looks different in person. You'll have to let me know when you're fininshed so I can come look at it!
Post a Comment