Friday, May 9, 2008

Flashback Friday

Since last weekend I celebrated May Day all day Saturday I thought I would do a post about my little hula dancer. When Alexis was 3 we put her in hula which was taught by someone in our ward. They had a few performances and we were amazed at her bravery of doing a solo dance in front of people.
This is a picture from her first performance. You know that song in Sesame Street that says, one of these things does not belong here...can you find which one looks out of place!
This was the picture we used for our Christmas card in 2002. Oh I miss that hair of hers!
I was given the assignment to make all of the girls outfits for this next performance which was at the festival that I attended last weekend. That was no easy task...12 girls and each outfit had 4 pieces to it! The sad thing was-the night before the instructor tells me I have to make one more because she mis-counted and I told her I couldn't do it, so she made it. It looked NOTHING like the 12 others I made-basically it looked crappy and guess what little girl had to wear it...yep! Alexis. Needless to say, this was her last performance! I wasn't too happy about it (along with other things with the teacher). But she still looks darling!
This was her doing her solo dance. Again, which one doesn't belong!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh the cuteness!! What's with the teacher making her wear an outfit you did not make? I would have been very mad. Her hair it truly amazing.

KaySea said...

I love the hair. What I would give to have that or even for my daughter. No luck. So so cute she is. These are great pictures. Does Alexis love looking at them??

Cardalls said...

oh yeah that would have made me mad that she had to wear the crappy outfit and you were the one that SLAVED over them! She is darlng though and how fun that she took hula!!

rachel said...

I love your flashbacks! Alexis looks so cute in these pictures! You are so amazing...sewing 12 costumes and yeah, I would have been mad too. Obviously it couldn't have been because of size issues because you would have already made one for Alexis. I guess the teacher was thinking a girl that cute can't look bad no matter what you put her in.

Melody said...

OMgoodness! She looks sooo adorable! i love that hair too! Go white girl, go white girl, it's your birthday, go white girl!:)

Melissa B said...

What a cutie! Her hair is to die for! I can't believe that is not even a little bit curly anymore. Or is it?

The girls all look so cute dancing. What a fun thing for her to participate in.

Jossie said...

That is so cute! I love the first picture of Alexis by herself! The hair! That is so fun that she got to do that. Oh, and I would've protested that she had to wear the not-made-by-you dress :-)

Buzosucka said...

Did I really look that cute? I totally forgot all my moves except for 1 you put your arms on your hips and swirl your hips!!!!!

Shanell said...

Wow, I totally forgot about that curly hair....It was sooo cute!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space