Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SPT


Lelly's challenge was what will you do or get for yourself this Valentine's day?

Let me start by saying how ridiculous I think Valentines Day is. It is just another way stores make money off of you by having to buy something for your spouse and kids to show your love for them. Shouldn't we be showing our love to them the other 364 days of the year and not just on February 14th? Having said that...we just purchased these:

Happy Valentines Day to us! Now I will show my family how much I love them everyday of the year by producing clean clothes for them to wear!
(I am not pictured with my purchase since they will be delivered next Thursday)

(Don't get on me for being a bah-humbug...I know I am when it comes to Valentines Day)

13 comments:

Melody said...

That's funny. Hey whatever works for you. It's all good. I just love making heart shaped cookies and helping the kids do their Valentines cards for school. But Jason feels the same way you do, so I bought myself a purse and told him it was my gift from him.:)
He was like, Yah...thanks.;)

Rachael said...

And what kind of purse would that be???
A, B, C, or D...I see I am out of the running from winning! Dang!

Unknown said...

those are definitely gorgeous machines! hope your family truly appreciates the love that will go in and come out of them!

michelle said...

I linked to your blog thru Lelly's. I think that doing the laundry is a huge way to let your family know you love them. We too are in the midst of buying a new washer, and dryer. We are trying to narrow it down between two diff. sets.

Jossie said...

I am with you. Karl and I decided that our gift to ourselves would be getting massages every year. Then we don't have to worry about getting each other something and we can enjoy ourselves for an hour. I still like to get him a little card or something though :-)

Michelle Alley said...

Checking out all the SPT gals! You are certainly entitled to be bah humbug on any holiday and at any time! I might just do laundry everyday if I had a set of those!

Lori said...

Oh, Rachael! I love Valentine's Day, but not for the commercialism part or the romance part! I have such great memories of candy and cards and paper hearts and doilies! Rudy and I just do cards, which is sweet and fun and I try to do a little treat for Aron.
Your blog is awful festive for someone being bah-humbug!

Tilane said...

You'll love them!!! We just got front loaders also. They are fantastic!

Melody said...

Dooney & Bourke

Jennifer said...

Well I suppose I'm a romantic at heart because I love Valentine's Day - dinner out with hubby- and for some reason I imagine everything is rosier... until Ben belches at the table. LOL

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

WOW! Movin up huh? That's great. I love the silver.

Rachel said...

i'm soooooo with you on this valentines day thing. sooo with you.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space