
I just am not feeling it this week. You know how some weeks you can think of a ton of things to make and others you can't remember ANYTHING that you cook? I am having one of the latter weeks! So here is goes...
Monday: Black Bean and Chicken Taco's
Tuesday: Leftover Pork Burritos from Sunday's Superbowl dinner
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes
Thursday: 3 Citrus Chicken
Friday: Taco Salad
Saturday: Ward Dinner-Make your favorite Pizza BBQ Chicken Pizza
Black Bean and Chicken Taco's
2 chicken breast….cubed
4 teaspoons lime juice, divided
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Flour tortillas
1/2 cups of Monterey jack cheese
sour cream
Sloppy Joes
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 cans tomato soup
2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
1 Tablespoon chili sauce
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons pepper
Cook onion and celery until limp but not brown. Remove from pan and brown meat. Add vegetables to meat and add tomato soup. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer until all flavors are blended. Serve on buns.
3 Citrus Chicken:
1/2 cup Fresh Lime juice
1/2 cup Fresh Lemon juice
1/2 cup Fresh Orange juice
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
3 crushed bay leaves
3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
3 Chicken breasts
* Marinate for 1-2 hours. Grill or broil brushing marinade on chicken 2-3 times
BBQ Chicken Pizza
For Crust:
2 cups warm milk
1 Tbl. Sugar
1 Tbl. Yeast
½ tsp. salt
2 Tbl. Oil
4-5 cups flour
Toppings:
BBQ Sauce (my favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s)
Italian 3 cheese blend (found in tub in gourmet cheese section)
Grilled Chicken, chopped
Sliced red onion
*I cheat and buy the frozen bag of grilled chicken strips at Costco and heat them on a indoor grill. So much faster.
*You can also freeze the other dough roll for another dinner. I thaw it in the fridge so it doesn't rise.
5 comments:
I find this all very complicated. I don't know what I am going to have for dinner tonight, let alone Friday!
So has Jennifer told you she is in the hospital with pnemonia? Crazy.
I know...I can't believe it! Hopefully she will be out soon!
So doing this helps me to get the grocery shopping done for the week and then it is less stressful for the week...it is a bit of a pain but better than 5pm and nothing to eat...then it turns into some sort of fast food crap!
I love the black bean chicken tacos. Haven't had that in a while, maybe I'll make that next week. I love the pic of you and Tara, it's so cute! The pic of the wii is cute. Those wire people on your wall is SO cute. Where did they come from?
I'm feeling the same way you are but Jason and the girls have got a cold so nobody wants to really eat anything. No complaints here though!;) Maybe I'll plan the rest of the week tommorrow? I did post one meal though. And are you guys talking about Jen Douglas?
No, Jill's sister is my friend Jenn who lives in Washington state now. Jen D is alive and kicking!
Post a Comment