We need more storage...who doesn't, right?
So we have this desk in the hallway.
When we moved into the house I really thought this would be my scrapbook desk. I can use the cabinets for all my supplies and sit here and get it all done. Well, all my supplies are (were) here but in the 4 years we have been at this house, I have never sat at this desk. It is just too removed from everything else. So we decided to put two large pantries in this space. And then the lightbulb went off...why not just move this desk and cabinet to an area in our kitchen!
yeah, this area. Right next to the pantry.
So we hired help...ok not really, but how funny is he to tuck Steve's pencil behind his ear and carry around the tape measurer like that.
We ordered some glass to fit on the top of both surfaces so it wouldn't get all scratched and viola...
It is now Alexis's homework desk and storage for the kitchen! (yes I know we need some kind of decoration on it. I'll get to that)
The hallway is not ready to be shown yet. The pantries that we ordered take 2-3 weeks to come in. I will post that another time. As for now I dream about what I will be able to put in there.
*Also the upper cabinet in the hall way is 1 inch too wide to fit above this desk. It would hang over the window by one inch...ONE INCH! Bummer!
So we have this desk in the hallway.
When we moved into the house I really thought this would be my scrapbook desk. I can use the cabinets for all my supplies and sit here and get it all done. Well, all my supplies are (were) here but in the 4 years we have been at this house, I have never sat at this desk. It is just too removed from everything else. So we decided to put two large pantries in this space. And then the lightbulb went off...why not just move this desk and cabinet to an area in our kitchen!
yeah, this area. Right next to the pantry.So we hired help...ok not really, but how funny is he to tuck Steve's pencil behind his ear and carry around the tape measurer like that.
We ordered some glass to fit on the top of both surfaces so it wouldn't get all scratched and viola...
It is now Alexis's homework desk and storage for the kitchen! (yes I know we need some kind of decoration on it. I'll get to that)*Also the upper cabinet in the hall way is 1 inch too wide to fit above this desk. It would hang over the window by one inch...ONE INCH! Bummer!
6 comments:
Looks great from what I can see. Of course I'll have to come see the "real deal" when the hall and everything is finished. :o)
Good idea! You are so creative to think of that! It's fun to see your house though because I kind of miss ours sometimes. It brings back good memories. Can't wait to see the pantry!
Looks great! I need you to come to my house and give me some ideas! :) Do you care if I post the recipe for the BB tacos? I haven't made them yet, my week has been crazy so we had spaghetti and leftovers instead of making them. Maybe I'll make them this weekend or next week when my parents come!
Oh I don't care...I don't do the "family secret' recipes that can't be shared!
That looks great! I am officially jealous. The house we are in needs LOTS more storage. That was a good idea to move it!
WOW! You guys are real DIY-ers!
LOVE it!
Post a Comment