This week at school is Reading Week so each day they have had a theme. Monday was Hat and Sunglass day. Tuesday was dress in Red, Yellow or Blue day. Wednesday was dress like a tourist. Today is Nerd Day and tomorrow they wear jeans and their Spirit shirts. I didn't take pictures on the other days (dang it) but today I thought was funny.
I don't know what nerds wear and I am certainly not going to spend money on things she will never wear again so I pulled out wrinkly pants and a button up. I barely brushed her hair, did two high ponytails with braids, put tape on her glasses and viola...NERD.
If you know Alexis, she cares what she looks like and doesn't like to be laughed at...who does! This was her at breakfast...tears coming down because she thought she looked dumb...I thought she looked cute. She also didn't appreciate me taking a picture because she knows exactly what I am going to do with it...BLOG!
Anyway, after Steve and I talking her into how much fun it will be she tolerated a picture of her and even smiled for it. We assured her once she saw her friends that we carpool with she would feel better...
Turns out mom and dad were right...shock!
Aubrey, Alexis, Makenna
I don't know what nerds wear and I am certainly not going to spend money on things she will never wear again so I pulled out wrinkly pants and a button up. I barely brushed her hair, did two high ponytails with braids, put tape on her glasses and viola...NERD.
If you know Alexis, she cares what she looks like and doesn't like to be laughed at...who does! This was her at breakfast...tears coming down because she thought she looked dumb...I thought she looked cute. She also didn't appreciate me taking a picture because she knows exactly what I am going to do with it...BLOG!
Anyway, after Steve and I talking her into how much fun it will be she tolerated a picture of her and even smiled for it. We assured her once she saw her friends that we carpool with she would feel better...
Turns out mom and dad were right...shock!
Aubrey, Alexis, Makenna
5 comments:
darling - great nerd outfit? How did you know it so well?!?! ;)
Of course, Mom & Dad are always right! That's so funny.
Of course you're right! ;) What a cute little nerd.
That is sooo cute! I've never seen such cute nerds!
I love it! She went from tears to smiles so quickly. Those girls are adorable!
Post a Comment