Monday, May 24, 2010

Noni

Margery Jean Harris Baglietto
"Noni"
07/15/25 to 05/10/10

My sweet grandmother passed away 2 weeks ago. This past weekend I flew to San Francisco for her memorial. Even though it was for a funeral it is always so nice to get together with my dad's side of the family and see everyone.

The night before we had a small dinner party at my sister, Aimee's, house.

Me, Tampa (my grandfather), and Tara
My dad and Oliver
Tamps, Tara, Nikki (my aunt), Peter (Aimee's husband) and Lynda (my dad's girlfriend)
My grandfather is a big hunter so Aimee and Peter got this Wii game for him to play that night. He loved it and did pretty well. I am not sure how it compared to Africa though!The next day was the Memorial. There were about 100 people there and it was a
nice tribute to Noni.

Jessie (my half sister) and her husband Mike
Jarrett (my half brother) and his wife Brooke
Aimee and Peter
Tara, Aimee and Peter
Leissa & Karl
Us 4 girls (and a cute sleeping baby)The whole gang...cousins and all.The dark Baglietto's: Me, Jenean (my cousin) and Jessica
Every time we are together we always have to get a picture of the three of us.
My Aunt Nikki, my dad and Tampa
My dad and I
My grandparents have had this collage on their wall for as long as I can remember. It is just about everyone who WAS and is STILL in the family. It is amazing..click to enlarge and see it closer up. As you can see-it starts out black and white on the left and goes to color as the years went on!
Noni-you will be missed by so many. We love you!

7 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

I am glad you had a nice visit despite the reason for the visit. I think the collage thing is so cool. What a treasure it is!!

bloodfamily said...

I too think the collage is way cool. Might have to start somethin like that. Sorry about the reason that you had to go. It looks like you had a great get together though. Is everyone in your family beautiful or what?

Jenean Hoffman said...

SO great to see you honey! I love the picture of us Dark ladies! Love you lots!

Lara B said...

Sorry about your Grandma- that is never easy. I am glad you were able to make the best of it and enjoy your time with your family. You have such a beautiful family.

Graham said...

That collage is so cool! I was thinking the same thing about your family. You are all beautiful. It is always fun to see family, even if it is for a sad reason.

Lori said...

Very sweet. I have to say that there are a disproportionate number of good looking people in your family, lady! Yourself included!

Sarah said...

Ok I know everyone else has said this already, but, that collage is MAJORLY COOL! I'm glad you were able to see so much of your family, just too bad it was at a memorial for your grandma.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space