Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May Day 2010

This is my 8th year attending this May Day Festival in Las Vegas. I pretty much just go there for the food booths! You can get anything from Turkey Tail (no-I haven't tried it) to Ahi Poki (my favorite thing this year-Raw Ahi Tuna with Seaweed and onions and soy sauce..mmmmmm)

This was a Jamaican booth and these kabobs looked delicious
Two cute girls in front of all the food booths.
The only shaded area to eat. Fortunately this year the weather was awesome-breezy and cool!Just some of the booths that sell Hawaiian merchandise.One of the most popular booths...malasadas. Now what I saw here this year made me a bit sad. If you notice on the table they are cracking open Pillsbury Biscuit rolls and making them that way!
They fry them up...
And roll them in sugar. Even though they aren't homemade they are still TASTY!
One cute baby in a Hawaiian shirt...
Me and the boys!
Until next year!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Where is a picture of your spam????

Rachael said...

We ate it so fast-no time for a picture!

Sarah said...

8 years is impressive! That takes commitment.

Jenean Hoffman said...

You look so beautiful! Looks like you have a little red in your hair! Gorgeous! I miss you sweet cousin!

The Hardy's said...

I wish we could have gone this year. I might have to try making malasadas that way! They are my favorite too!

Jennifer said...

I was having a hard time choosing between the Jamaican booth and the one I ate at. I wanted some plantains! I did like what I got though. And no, I did not try the turkey tail either. Gag. LOL I did have some malasadas as well. They weren't as good as I remember the ones being in Hawaii. Ben noticed the Pilsbury cans too. He told me about that after I ate one. LOL

Joanne said...

looks yummy. Funny, my mom used to make "homemade" donuts that way except she'd take the pillsbury biscuits and poke a hole in them, fry it up and then we'd roll them in sugar and cinnamon. It was one of our favorite Family night treats.

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun time! I can't wait to check it out next year!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space