Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garden

This was back on March 20th, the day we planted the garden.This is it today, May 21st! Wow...it has grown a ton!
I am most excited about this green bell pepper. It is just crazy to me that you can grown this stuff in your backyard. I hope it tastes good!
Our first red tomato! It hasn't been hot enough until now to get these tomatoes red!
But there sure are a TON of green ones out!

Our strawberries didn't do well. We did use some of our lettuce. Our spaghetti squash plant is growing fast and has flowers on it but there aren't any baby squashes growing yet! I sure hope I don't' have to play match maker with the flowers to produce a baby!

7 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow! I am totally impressed! I think I may have planted too late. I am just barely getting sprouts. I cannot grow strawberries at all, it ticks me off, I would love to have fresh strawberries!

Melissa Summers said...

I hope we can plant a garden next year. We planted our first garden in CA and had to move before we could really enjoy the harvest.

Sarah said...

I would not even know how to start to plant a garden. It is very impressive!

Melissa B said...

Looks great. I would love to plant a garden as well, but I always think about it too late. Yours is doing so good, there's really nothing better than fresh produce you grew yourself. Nice job.

Cardalls said...

I am impressed! We planted tomatos which are doing great, but other things we planted didn't even germinate! Someday I would love to have a big garden!

Jennifer said...

I'm going to be planting my garden next spring. It's too late to do now!
We had a garden two years ago and our tomatoes went wild! I got only ONE zuchinni, and just a handful of strawberries. My pepper plants seemed to have died, but then when the weather got cooler they went crazy. We got several peppers from it. I'm trying to remember what squash I planted, but it never worked out. :o(

Ralaina said...

Wow!! That is so fun! That's how I felt when we experimented in our tree circles. We planted to close because we weren't planning on everything thriving so well. It is so fun. Vegas is the place to garden,not Utah, we are still in the middle of winter it seems like. I don't think we will ever have more then 2 days of warmth without a snow storm....Crazy!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space