We are all home and well! Eli is a champ! He of course had NO clue as to what was happening today! I didn't tell him-I am thinking telling him that his belly was going to be cut wouldn't go over too well anyway!
He just took it as an adventure.
He loved the gown the hospital gave him.
Thought the monitors and blood pressure cuff was cool.
He talked to Alexis before she headed off to school
The nurse gave him a demonstration of what the doctor would put on his mouth-we told him to breath like Darth Vader and he thought that was cool-plus it was strawberry flavored!
He was apprehensive for a second when they were going to wheel him away because Steve said it would be like a Disneyland ride...(yeah we scarred him with taking him on the roller coasters!) But I gave him a little R2D2 figure right before he went and that was all he needed!
In the recovery room they gave him Popsicles-it was funny because he was a bit loopy so he kept missing his mouth.
The first thing he asked for was his Star Wars toy. He hasn't let go of it since.

The purple is the mark so the doctor knew where to cut and the little bruises are where they injected something (pain medication?).
But...he is like his mama! Anesthetic makes him sick so the car ride home he threw up a few times (I had a bucket in there just in case). He is asleep with R2D2 clutched in his hand so life is good!
Thank you for all your well wishes! They were much appreciated!
(Pictures of his tummy to come!-Because I know you want to see it!)
He just took it as an adventure.
He loved the gown the hospital gave him.
But...he is like his mama! Anesthetic makes him sick so the car ride home he threw up a few times (I had a bucket in there just in case). He is asleep with R2D2 clutched in his hand so life is good!
Thank you for all your well wishes! They were much appreciated!
(Pictures of his tummy to come!-Because I know you want to see it!)
16 comments:
I'm so relieved it went so well! He's so dang brave and cute! Can't wait to see the belly ;)
That's amazing! He'll probably bruise a bit but keep the popsicles comin'....just cause they're fun!
Thanks for the update. You guys have been in my thoughts all day. He probably won't even really remember this in a few years. You did great. I am proud of you. Now with this under your belt - Bring on the holidays - right?
I don't think anyone has ever looked cuter in a hospital gown. After reading Karen's comment I wonder if he will remember it. I had a surgery at 3 and remember bits and pieces of it. It will be interesting to see.
I am glad that everything went well. I think even these little types of surgeries are so stressful when your the one who is supposed to be the mom. :)
Thanks for the stitching. I had completely forgotten!
I am glad everything went well. I know it would. I did not bring my camera for Angelos. But I did take some of his belly today.
We had doctor Fiore. He was trying to tell me about the surgery when Angelo started Screaming. So I need to ask him more about it.
I'm glad everything is ok. What a trooper! Your a good mom for noticing that little bump.
They found that Kenna has Bilateral Reflux, so she has to have an ultrasound on tues, then meet with a uroligist at Primary Children's Hopsital on Thurs. She will probably have to have surgery too :-(
I am glad to hear that everything went well! :o)
YAY!! So glad he's doing good. I was surprised how much they told the kids about the surgery's at primary children's- I was also surprised at how well my kids seemed to process it.
Happy to hear everything went well! Poor kid! Hope he makes a fast recovery
Glad to hear all is well!! That's funny he was loopy with the popsicle.
I'm glad it's over and it went well.
my turn next big guy- hope i don't make a popsicle mess- i'll have to use my left had, so i think it will be inevitable!
It's been a while since I have been on the blogs again. I have missed a lot with your cute family. I am so glad Eli's surgery is over and went well. Jabin had a similar kind of surgery just a little lower;0) I hated to see him all looped out it made me sick. I hope Eli recovers as fast as Jabin it's amazing how resilant little kids are!
I am so glad he is doing well. I loved his pictures in his hospital gown. I also enjoyed seeing yur Christmas pictures. Looks like everything is coming along. I sure do miss you.
Marcy
Post a Comment