Last year when we went to watch Alexis's school program at school we were so disappointed when they sang, Feliz Navidad, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and the Dradle song. There was no mention of the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Christ was left out of it completely. That was the last straw for Steve and she started at Cumorah Academy a few weeks later.
This year the Christmas Program was full of the meaning of Christmas. It was so nice to see!
Here are a few pictures of the night...
The kids playing the recorder
Alexis and some of her friends seemed to know when they needed to be on stage but not the others. This picture is funny because she saw that I was taking pictures so she grabbed her friends and they all posed long enough for me to take it! What a good girl!
Kids were asked to dress up from different countries if they had a costume so there were many countries represented.
Click on this picture so you can answer me this....what the heck country is this kid representing...with his boxers hanging out and no shirt on...oh, maybe he is the United States.
Kindergarten through 5th grade doing the nativity and singing "Hallelujah"
Alexis and Aubrey
Makenna and Alexis
This year the Christmas Program was full of the meaning of Christmas. It was so nice to see!
Here are a few pictures of the night...
6 comments:
Totally missed the kid with no shirt! How did I miss that mess? Too funny.
Nickie
Okay that is so funny with the boxers and no shirt. Do you think his parents helped pick out the outfit? Looks like fun.
Looks like it was a good program. That is a lot of kids on the stage at one time. The half naked kid is truly baffling in a Christmas program. Weird.
I agree with all of the other commenters, the no shirt kid is just bazaar. However, I do remember a school program when I was in the 4th grade that we all had to dress up, and I dressed up like a lady truck driver. I even had a hat made that said, "Lady Trucker." That was probably weird to a number of parents. But you know I have always been a rebel!
I am impressed with Steve's decision. Alexis always looks like a young lady whenever I see her. Good job Mom. As for the kid with the boxers, I looked and it's not one of mine! Hee, Hee. :D
thats one of the bad things about public schools in a city... Glad she had a great preformance. I'm guessing that kid is representing Ethiopia??
Post a Comment