Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Celebration

It was so nice to stay home for Christmas and just relax. On Christmas Eve we made steak and baked potatoes and corn and just enjoyed a quiet night. Of course we did the traditional open one gift (just for the kids).

Eli got 2 figures from the Kung Fu Panda movie which he held in his hands all night!
Alexis got a "feel Better Kit" from the American Girl Store and was so excited. Once she saw that the box said American Girl she had to run and get Julie so she could be apart of it!
What is it about Christmas morning? Even at 34 years old I still have a hard time sleeping and get so excited for the day! It was hard to keep Eli in our room so we finally gave up and even after a 6 hr night sleep we pulled ourselves out of bed and got going!
We seem to always start with the stockings- and the kids enjoyed opening theirs.
Eli's first gift he opened was from Santa-the Blue DS he has been asking for!
Tawny got a gift and it smelled so good she put her head in the bag to try to get it out!
Eli got some Toy Story puzzles...he is amazing at puzzles and is entertained for a while with them!
Steve's favorite gift was his gun...yes another one! He tries to tell me that it is for both protection and for us to have something to do together...because you know I am all about going shooting! I have done it once in my life!
The boys with their guns!
One of my favorite gifts I gave to the kids was a book I made of our trip to Disneyland. Eli always gets on my computer to look at the pictures of that trip so this way he can flip through the book!
I have to say-it is a pretty cool book!I got a Roomba Robot and I am so excited about it! I love it! He will be quite busy in this house!
I did a horrible job of taking pictures this Christmas. I feel like I always take way too many so I put the camera down and then forgot to pick it back up!

We ended the day with dinner at James and Lisa's house (Steve's brother). It was nice to hang out with family and play games...even though we got our butts kicked in Seinfeld Scene It!

It was one of my favorite Christmases! Hope you all enjoyed yours!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Eli looks so happy opening his gifts. I can't wait to hear about all of the shooting you and Steve do on your date nights.

bloodfamily said...

How does Alexis manage to wake up with her hair all perfect? I would love to see the book, and we could always get together and do a couples date and shoot. I guess your couch is now safe that Eli got his DS.

Pam said...

your kids look so cute opening their gifts. Your christmas tree looks really cute as well. And what is it with boys and their guns!! I did not get a pic of Dave and Cam (janica's husband) with their new guns! ah...

Kristen said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I am glad Eli got the DS to make him and Alexis happy!

Jossie said...

Looks like a great Christmas! What is it about kids and being awesome at puzzles? I can't wait to see your Disneyland book! Mine should be here shortly :-)

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

It look like you guys had a great Christmas.

You take really great pictures.

Lisa said...

What a fun Christmas! I still can't sleep Christmas Eve! I toss and turn all night, like a kid... I ususally have to wake my kids up because I can't stand it anymore! Oh, and Alexis' hair is adorable on her!

Lori said...

What a fun Christmas you guys had! Alexis looks so cute with her shorter hair! And that shot of Tawny in the bag...priceless!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space