Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SPT-Joy

The SPT's for this month tells us to, "Take deep breaths. Channel your chi. Don't sacrifice the small, still moments. Enjoy them! And photograph them!"

December 9th-Joy

A new kitchen appliance brings me joy! Ours decided it was old and wanted to retire! So we got an early Christmas gift this year! A new fridge!

The old one-nice yellowing around the ice/water dispenser.
The new-pretty one! So I will have to be more diligent in wiping it down to clean the finger prints but it is so pretty to me! And there is a water dispenser inside of it! Bonus!
I thought you couldn't put magnets on stainless steal appliances. Is that just so it doesn't scratch? I am glad I can because I just made these magnets and I would hate to not be able to use them!
(Does it look like a face to you?)

It was also a good time to go through the crazy amount of condiments and get rid of them....seriously, do I have enough???

24 comments:

Missy said...

ha! i had to laugh because i read that you got a new fridge but hadn't scrolled down yet. i was looking at your old one thinking, man, that doesn't look very new! But, i figured it out and, wow, is it lovely! congratulations! enJOY it!! :o)

Sarah said...

It is very beautiful! I too always heard that magnets didn't work on stainless steel!

Ann On and On... said...

Your beautiful new fridge does look like a smiley face...lots to smile about with that thing in your kitchen.

Love the picture below of your family. ?1982, I think it said. Anyway, what fun it is to recall some of those past feelings.

Crystal said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW REFRIDGERATOR!!! It's beautiful!!!

And I have the same problems with over-packing my fridge full of stuff. I will buy something that I think I'm out of but still have a half full bottle of. Then of course...we open the new bottle even though we still need to use the old bottle.

So glad that you found a JOYful moment!

Chris said...

Great fridge. That is very much a joy in life. cute magnets too.

Jossie said...

That is neato! I LOVE it! We always end up throwing out a bunch of condiments too. My counter has looked like that way too many times :-)

P.S. Why doesn't it show on my blog list that you updated today? Glad I clicked on your blog anyway!

bloodfamily said...

I love your fridge, but I think that they should have delivered it to our house instead! Our fridge is over 18 years old, and I have all new stainless steel appliances except a fridge! Now I probably jinxed ours, but I do love yours! I love those magnets too. Way cute!

Michelle Alley said...

Condiments are the most crowded thing in our fridge. Whenever I try to get rid of them, I seem to need them again! You have a lovely blog background and fun blog!

Aranne and Dan said...

from SPT - I think I would have to agree that a new fridge like that would bring me a lot of JOY! It looks great. Enjoy!

Cecilia said...

Woohoo...congrats on the new "smiling" fridge! It looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

oh, it's a beauty!! i have magnets (and fingerprints) all over mine.

MaryRC said...

the fridge condiment purge, its about time for me to do the same. nice appliance ;) wink!

Jeanette said...

Beautiful!

Kristen said...

Lovely--and how nice that it will smile at you whenever you are in the room.

Jenean Hoffman said...

It's gorgeous! Mine doesn't allow magnets....they don't stick. I found a terrific product that keeps it really beautiful It's called Weiman's stainless steel spray. They have wipes but they just don't work as well. I use an old cloth diaper to wipe it down after I've sprayed.

Lara B said...

Seriously that is the most beautiful fridge ever! I am happy for you. I am so glad that Eli is doing so well after his surgery. He is such a little hottie! Happy Holidays!

Dial Family said...

I was so happy to switch to bottom freezer!! We did it years ago before we had moved to Vegas. We took it with us and after we moved away from Vegas we had to get rid of it because the apt we were moving into wasn't going to allow it. I was sad because shortly after we moved back into our little condo and could have used it then. OH well, we bought a stainless steel one and have been happy ever since!! Just love it Rach!!

Jennifer said...

Love your new fridge...you have always been so spoiled!!! j/k :0)
It is very cool that is smiles at you.

Jaylee Draney said...

Cute magnets, Rachael.

Melissa B said...

Love the new fridge, it is amazing the difference a really great appliance can make in your home (and mood)! You have a TON of condiments, bet it feels nice to clean it all out.

Erin Ganley said...

I share your love for appliances! Ahhh, there's nothing like a clean fridge. BTW, I didn't know you could put magnets on stainless steel, I'm going right down stairs to put one on mine.

rachel said...

I LOVE your fridge! I'm a little jealous that you can put magnets on yours. The magnets won't stick on mine. Cute magnets too!
BTW - You did a great job last night!!!

Amy said...

LOVE the fridge...so clean and neat. Those magnets are pretty cute too.

Serendipity said...

Very nice! Joyful indeed!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space