Friday, April 11, 2008

Flashback Friday

When we were in San Fransisco last weekend I saw these pictures in an album of my sisters. They aren't the greatest quality since I took a picture of them but you get the idea.

This is my grandfather that we call Tampa. I actually have no idea why we call him that...(Jenean, can you clarify???) Anyway, he is the sweetest man and I have always loved being around him. It was hard to say goodbye last weekend to him since they are getting older and their health isn't so good.This is pretty much what I wore in my childhood...bathing suit bottoms and no top. I am not sure why.

I love this picture of us in Hawaii. They would come visit us and stay at a hotel that had a pool with a window in the deep end. On the other side of the window was a bar (I think-my memory is not too good) that we would go down there and see each other swimming. Another thing we would always do when they came is go to Tony Roma's. I don't think I have been there since there!
This was another favorite with them...junk food. I didn't get much of it growing up with my mom. This is me putting squirt cheese on Chicken in a Biskit crackers at their hotel. Ah, the memories!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

It's my Grandmas B-day today (96) and every time I talk to her I think this could be the last time. It is hard to say goodbye. We will have to go to Tony Roma's sometime. I love it there.

Lori said...

Uh--is that some booze I see next to the junk food? Hee-hee! You were such an adorable child! No wonder you turned into such a beautiful person!

Rachael said...

Good eye Lori...on my dad's side of the family there is always the HARD stuff around and PLENTY of it!

Jillian said...

You look awfully devious in that last picture...you sure you're not hittin' the sauce?

Did I really just say that? I think I belong in a 70's cop show.

Jossie said...

Cute pictures! I'm still incredibly jealous that you lived in Hawaii. I've never even been!

Rachel said...

i LOVE your flashback fridays. keep them coming . . . and i love your childhood wardrobe. i think mine was quite similar. he he.

rachel said...

You had such a fun childhood!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space