Thursday, April 3, 2008

Flashback Friday-Dance Edition

(It's long so grab a drink and sit back to enjoy the cheesiness. And I am posting on Thursday since I am headed to San Francisco tomorrow morning)

Okay, here we go. I thoroughly enjoyed going through all of these pictures and had a mighty good laugh! We are going in chronological order which translates into...the most embarrassing to the least embarrassing. Lets remember here, I went to HS from 1988-1992 so styles were ugly. You will also see some dresses repeated throughout the years...shall we begin?

Freshman Winter Dance with Aaron Frye. 1988

Where to start...he actually was considered one of the best looking guys in HS but not freshman year. Weren't we all still a bit geekish? Do you like the placement of the balloon behind my head...I look like I am wearing a hat! Oh and the dress. Also, what was my mom thinking allowing me to go when I was 14 years old. Let's move on...

Homecoming my Sophomore year 1989

First, lets talk about the dress. The funny thing is: my mom made it and I couldn't have been happier with it. I though it was AWESOME/RAD! Laura Ashley..eat your heart out! The three guys were good friends of mine. We all went as friends. I actually ended up dating the one in front of me, Joe, (you'll see more of him later) and 'hooked up' with the guy laying on the floor.

Prom 1990

I am including two picture of this dance...This is my sophomore year and my boyfriend Brant was a senior. The reason for two pictures is because I wanted to show the hideous styles. Once again I had this dress made and once again I thought it was AWESOME. I had my hair done by a professional and HATED IT! Funny thing with these guys...the one on the far left is Joe again. That was his girlfriend, then the guy with the black bow tie, Ben, was my first boyfriend and my first kiss...funny huh? The other guy, Rich, I left my paws off of but we were all good friends. Its like that in High School...or was that just me?

Oh the cheesiness! Its bad, soooo bad! Moving on...

Valentine's Dance 1991

This was a on again off again boyfriend Justin. He was hilarious!

Junior Prom 1991

My boyfriend, Mike Fisher who was a sophomore...I like 'em young. I actually liked this dress and still think it isn't bad. You'll see lots more of it.

Winter Dance 1991

This is an awful dress and was an awkward situation. If I hadn't of written the guys name on the back of this picture I wouldn't have remembered who it was. This was a, "Hey, you're not going to Homecoming...you want to go together,' type thing. I don't remember anything about the details.

Winter Dance 1991

Justin again.. Funny side note...I ended up 'getting together' with the other guy a few years later. I am not sure my friend Melissa ever knew that so if you are reading this Melissa...I hope you aren't mad...(they weren't dating)

Senior Prom 1992

Senior Prom with Joe . At this time we were dating. He was someone that I always wanted to date and we finally did but he was up at college so it was pretty much when he came home from BYU...I can't really remember now... anyway, why oh why did my mom let me wear this strapless dress that I have NO business wearing....

Joe again...This was for a dance during the summer after my Senior year but that is going to be another Flashback Friday story because it was a HUGE event and I will save it. You will enjoy that story.

Homecoming at Ricks 1992

This is at Ricks College with a friend, Heath. Oh there is a story about this guy...let me just say he came to visit me a few years ago and it was AWKWARD!
Winter Dance at Ricks 1992
This was a boyfriend at Ricks. And last but not least...

Winter Dance 1993

Our one and only dance that we went to together. I think this was a winter dance. I have no idea why we never went to other dances. Steve just told me that it was because he was always out of town for baseball.

That was a mighty long post, so I hope you made it to the end and had a good chuckle! Anyone want to have a theme for next week?

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

You brazen hussy in those off-the-shoulder, and strapless dresses! ROFLOL And wow on Steve with HAIR. LOL

Jossie said...

Can I just tell you how glad I am that you already posted yours??? I am also posting mine tonight and I hope I can get them in chronological order because the progression of them is HILARIOUS! Just for the record, I totally beat you hands down on the number of dances!!! 21-12 was it? I'm so not posting all 21 right now. I may have to do two installments :-) Have fun this weekend!

Nancy said...

Oh Rachael, always good for a laugh. I thought you looked beautiful! I wasn't even allowed to look for sleeveless or stapless dresses. Good for you, you got around!!

Amy said...

Oh, I'm just loving those pics. Your hair is to die for, and those dresses. They actually are pretty cute. Love the pic of you and Steve.

Sarah said...

I love all of the pictures. Your right the white one is not bad. Do you still have any of them. I love the picture of you and Steve at the end. To me Steve looks so much the same.

Lori said...

Girl! That should be titled "the History of Prom"! I loved it though, "I dated him and kissed that guy, and got together with that one, too..." HA!
I just posted one on mine. I would have to dig through too much stuff to find the rest of them. That, and the embarassment part!

Lara B said...

I love it! Those dresses are all amazing. I loved seeing Rich Lighten in there. Love your Flashback Fridays, you are so creative. Have fun in San Fran.

DAVE AND KATIE said...

That was hilarious! I love looking back at the horrible styles of the past! Thanks for sharing...very cute! :)

Melody said...

I don't know if I want to post mine now! I think I only went to 4 dances and have just 2 pics. Plus you look awesome! My Mom wouldn't let me wear the immodest dresses so she made them all! I wish I would have been more of a rebel and snuck a cute one to the dances and changed! Anyway love the hook up stories! They were sooo funny!

Kristen said...

You did start dating young!!! I love the floral dress. I know I had several of those that look like curtains too. Loved all the photos. BTW, I haven't been to Zaba's but there is one right by Fitness Together so we should go some time.

rachel said...

How funny!!! You looked good in all your pictures! Those styles bring back a lot of memories!

Cardalls said...

Love these! How fun to see so many various styles of dresses (did you save them for Alexis to wear? LOL!)

Melissa B said...

Oh I LOVE it! Despite your 80's dresses, you look really pretty in all your pictures! The white one isn't too bad, white is timeless! I think I am still going to do this dance edition post now that we are officially moved in and my computer is up and running!

K and M said...

Oh my gosh, you are nothing short of a RIOT! The one thing that makes me laugh is that several of those dresses you could wear now and pretty much be in style. Isn't it terrible how fashions cycle?!

Darling pics - great for a laugh!!

Shannon said...

That was so hilarious. Thanks for the comdedy. Steve's the cutest!

hzaby said...

those pictures are so fun to see. I wanted to do my pictures but they are buried in the boxes in the garage. Maybe someday I will get them out. That is awesome!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space