The Young Women and Young Men in our ward had a Pinewood Derby a few weeks ago. Alexis decided to model her car after Lightening McQueen. Luckily he was a great model and stayed still for the shaping sessions.
She did 95% of it herself. Steve helped her put the wheels on and helped her figure out the weights. I think it turned out ADORABLE!!!
Sadly...it came in last place EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Now here is my small rant:
When they have a Pinewood Derby for 12-18 year olds...ONLY 12-18 year olds should be allowed to make it! Or have two separate races....one for those kids who made the cars themselves and another one where the dads made them.
4 comments:
I agree! Do one for the dads and then one for the kids. I think they should also have an award for the cutest because Alexis would have won that one for sure! She did such a good job!
Wow!! That is the cutest car I have ever seen!
I am not a big fan of the pinewood derby for the scouts or the yw/ym. The dads really have to end of doing it, especially for the scouts, because who is going to let their 8 year old use a saw (or whatever is used to cut them out!). The entire business seems dangerous to me.
The competition is inherently unfair!
Her car looks amazing! Great job Alexis! We did pinewood derby for activity days and the competition was fierce. I totally agree with your rant.
well the scout one is the same way. My boys always make their own with minimal help from their Dad and they ALWAYS lose!
Post a Comment