Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An UGLY Era!

To achieve the look of the 80's:
Lots of little braids (thankfully with the help of a friend!)
Acid wash jeans (from the direction of above friend who was throwing out these size 5 jeans of her sons!)
Peg the bottom of the jeans
Legwarmers and scrunchy socks
Add some BIG PINK earrings (borrowed from above friend) and rat bangs with LOTS of hairspray.
And there you have it...2 adorable kids who have achieved the 80's look!
Eli is sporting the Karate kid bandanna with feathered hair. Luckily Mario Bros is back to being a HOT item or we wouldn't have found this shirt!
I am not sure why Wal-Mart is still carrying Madonna t-shirts but lucky for me they are! I didn't get a picture of her arm but she had the black rubber bracelets up her arm as well (another thank you to Wal-Mart for being so out of style!)
I couldn't stop chuckling at these two this morning!
Oh and I guess I should mention...its the 80th day of school today-so they got to dress in 80's style!

(a HUGE thank you to Jen! I don't think she would have looked half this good without your tips and accessories.
I am still not quite sure why you still have all those earrings!)

8 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Very cute! You're such a fun mom.

Sarah said...

80's fashion is so bogus! I mean, gag me with a spoon.

They look great. I love Eli's hair.

Pam said...

They look awesome!!! Did a great job! 80's was not my favoirte fashion statement as I look back on what I wore then!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck, the flashbacks!! I totally rolled my pants every morning and HAD to make sure my socks matched my shirt. Thanks for the ugly trip down memory lane :)(Your kids are the cutest!)

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

They both look really cute!

Jossie said...

That is so awesome! I remember putting tons of braids in my hair with my friends....or crimping it. And the leggings, biker shorts, neon, etc. Good times....good times.

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Thanks for all the pointers! I am not sure that I have two such willing participants but we will see what we come up with and I will let you know how it goes.

The Stewart Stuff said...

Fantastic! Reminds me of our jr. high days! :0)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space