Friday, August 22, 2008

Shark Reef

I have been telling the kids-well mainly Alexis, all summer that we would go to Shark Reef. On Monday I realized we still hadn't done it and I had something everyday but today, so we headed down to Mandalay Bay to check it out with Jen and Zack.
If you haven't been there there are a bunch of HUGE tanks with all sorts of cool fish or sharks or stingrays swimming around.To go to one room the aquarium is built like a tunnel. With my flash on it didn't look like anything special, so I did it without the flash and I like the look of it...
They have one area where you can pet sting rays. Alexis and I did it. They were really soft but I also just kept thinking of Steve Irwin and really didn't want to get too close.
Eli didn't want to touch them but I think the sting rays were his favorite part of the day.
One area looks like you are in a boat and you can see the fish all around you.
Eli just didn't want to corporate for a picture.
It was pretty neat...not something I would do again but I am glad we went.

9 comments:

Lori said...

That place is great. We took Aron back when he was itty-bitty and his eyes got so big!
Oh, and btw, thanks. Now when I pull up your blog there is no more Eli with his head in a bucket....just a big shark mouth! AGGHHH!

Sarah said...

I still really want to go. The shark picture is way cool. Maybe I will make it there next year.

Lara B said...

We also did the aquarium thing in SLC and I vowed we would never do it again. Yours looks a lot better than ours. You look so cute in that last picture. BTW those are the apples we had at Tai Pan, come visit and I'll buy you one. Love ya!

Cardalls said...

Love the shark reef...it's always a fun place to go when grandma/pa come and pay for it!

Jenean Hoffman said...

Great shot of the shark Rach! We're headed to Tahoe this weekend. You inspired us to make the trip we've been telling the kids we would! Nothing like last minute adventures! Stay tuned for that post :) I love you, my cuz!
-Jenean
p.s. You look terrific!

Kristen said...

Matt just took the girls there last night. I love going there. Meg has the same thoughts of the Sting Ray as Eli.

Kim Sue said...

my daughter loves aquariums - we just don't have a good one close....looks like you guys had fun.

Melody said...

The shark Reef rocks! Nice pics!

Melissa B said...

I have never been to the Shark Reef. I really wanted to go with you guys, but we were out of town. Maybe next time. I think Chase would really like it.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space