This weeks SPT challenge/question was this:
what if there was a twenty-fifth hour of the day, an hour all to yourself! no commitments, no distractions, no need to sleep. what would you do?
My automatic response was to sleep but then I read above that there was no need to sleep so I had to really think about this. So, if there was a 25th hour in the day I would first, place it right around the 1pm hour. Nap time for Eli is 12-2ish so I could get an extra hour to be productive or not be productive at all. During his nap time is when I sit down and get my work done, read blogs (while I call people for work), work on one of my callings if necessary and then if he still isn't awake, I love to sit down and watch one of my shows and just relax! Although with the strike going on I am forced to scroll through the guide and I usually end up watching a few minutes of Dr. Phil or Oprah. Yes...it may be a waste of time but I need that ME time. When I am not working or playing with kids and just doing absolutely NOTHING!
So I don't know if I have really said what I would actually do...so here it is: probably sit down, read a book or maybe I would try to catch up on a project. I have a HUGE list of things I really need to accomplish this year.
-scrapbook Steve's mission
-get updated with my scrapbook
-organize all of my recipes
Well, maybe it isn't a HUGE list but each thing involves a lot of work and it is just too daunting to start!
I have no picture for today...maybe I should include a picture of the messes around my house and that would motivate me to organize my life during my 25th hour.
What would you do with an extra hour of the day?
7 comments:
Scrapbook STEVE'S mission?!?!? Maybe my single is showing...but I would totally find something more selfish to do in my 25th hour. Like taste test and rank every flavor of Ben and Jerry's icecream.
I would totally relax too! Maybe call it my "pampering hour" and get a message, pedicure, manicure, etc. The rules should also include money not being a factor. Oh, now THAT would be nice!
I would like to say that I would organize my house or work on a home-project of some-sort, too. But if I were honest adn realistic...I'd be messing with my blog or visiting others!
Now that I think about it I may have to add some ideas to my 25th hour! I think Amy has it, about money not being a factor! I think I'd get online and see how many pairs of cute shoes I could buy in one hour!:)
25th hour? I would do something just for me...read a good book, take a class, go for a walk, lay outside in the sun.
Rachael, Your blog is so cute! I am wondering how you linked the recipe sites by just clicking on the words? Okay, so I am not the best at computers...anyway, I love looking at your blog!
Holly
P.S. How was stitching?
i have a similar list of projects. and i just can't seem to get going.
Post a Comment