Friday, January 25, 2008

Flashback Friday

I always remember having great birthday parties as a kid. They didn't stop at 10 or 12 when most kids outgrew the whole 'party' thing. I loved my birthday's. I would have a countdown in my classroom, on the chalkboard, as my birthdays approached. (annoying...I know)
My most memorable one was my 16th birthday. It was my Junior year and the last time we all were friends before some went their separate ways. You know how that is in high school. We had a luau and a bunch of kids from high school came.

These were some of my close friends, some are missing though. Bree, me (yes I was skinny then), Dianna, Jen, and Heather
Note: Heathers and my leggings, but they were oh so cool then (1991)
I have completely lost contact with Bree and Jen. I hear from Dianna and Heather every once in a while (not as much as I would like to!). The person that I keep in contact with most from HS is Angie. She and I became really good friends after HS ended, although we met it 8th grade. Ah, the memories!

High School was my favorite time in my life. I miss those care free days! I had such a great time going through HS pictures looking for something to post about. I will probably do other Flashback Friday posts about high school since I found a bunch.

8 comments:

Melody said...

I love that pic of you! And used to have some of those leggings! What the heck were we all thinking???:) Good Flashback!

Sarah said...

Rachael,
Your hair was amazingly non-poofy for the time period. I think my bangs were really high during this time.

Cardalls said...

Love it! I need to dig through and find some of those wonderful photos...although mine are from the 80's!

Lori said...

Rachael,
You look so pretty in that picture and I barely noticed your floral leggings...till you brought it up!
Wow, I can just smell the hairspray! I might have to dig out some pics of my own for FF next week! I feel inspired!

Amber said...

The days of big hair (and skinny legs) oh how I miss them...

Amy said...

HA HAHA HAHAH! I love it. You don't really look that 80ish though, besides the leggings. What a great flash back

Jillian said...

I'm not sure if we are close enough for me to mock this picture as openly as I would like;)

But really....I'm in no position to be throwing stones.

Rachael said...

Jill-
You are welcome to...right after you post a flashback picture of you! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space