Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm bored...let's spice it up!


So I have been brainstorming with Sarah (her blog will be ready to view tomorrow, right Sarah?) on how to spice up the blogging thing. We have decided to come up with a few 'themes' for each week and want to invite you to join in on the fun. We have come up with a few idea's. Before I go on, I do not take credit for ANY of these ideas. There are some that we have found that other fellow bloggers are doing. If you would like to join in, please do.

Mondays: Meal Plan Monday
The idea: Each Monday list what you will be making for the week. Post any recipes that are your originals or link the recipe to the site you received it from. I think this is a fun way to change it up a bit. If you go to the above link, she explains how it is done and you can view everyone recipes.

Tuesday: SPT (Self Portrait Tuesday)
No you don't have to take a picture of yourself every Tuesday but this is a great way to meet new people, and to get to know amazing things about yourself and your friends. Sign up to be apart of this and each Friday visit her website to find out what the following weeks challenge is.

Wednesday: Any idea's??

Thursday: Idea's...anyone?

Friday: Flashback Friday. I have seen this on a few people's blog and thought it would be fun. I have no idea what the guidelines are, if there are any. I say, put a picture or memory of something in the past and share it with us. Most of us have met each other in our adult years so it would be fun to learn a bit more of each other from our past.

Do we want to do weekend themes? The only thing I could come up with is to maybe do a Spiritual Sunday entry. Maybe something you learned at church on Sunday or an experience you had during the week?

Comment on my blog if you are interested in joining in on the fun! Also, add any ideas you may have.

I was just thinking that we could pick do an organizational thing. Each week pick something in your house that you need to get organized and take before/after pictures and then maybe tips on how to keep that area organized...just a thought. Although we would have to change the theme after a few months since our house would become organized and we would have nothing else to do...right??? :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go Rachael. I would like to do a 5 favorites day. We could pick a different theme every week (food, places in your home, books). I love all of the ideas.

Amy said...

so fun! I can't guarentee to participate everyday, but I'll do my best. What a great idea. Sarah's blog? YEAH!

Jennifer said...

A girlfriend of mine did Transformation Tuesday. It gave her a reason to change something in her house or get a project done. Then she would take a before and after picture, blog and post. I know you have a Tuesday but maybe Transformation Thursday!?

Melody said...

O.k. I'm in, if that's O.k.? I love blogging about all this stuff! :) and the ideas are great! Maybe do Work out wednesday and share nutrition ideas/tips and some new toning excersises?

Jillian said...

What about a Q and A day? I have seen other people do 'Wordless Wednesday' and they just post a picture or two.

Kristen said...

Do you need an organizational day? Look at your spices that are already organized so I am sure everywhere else in your house is too. I think these ideas sound fun.

Erin Ganley said...

This sounds like lots of fun. I don't get a chance to get on my blog very often (as you can probably tell!) so I will participate when I can. I like the "Work-out Wednesday" idea that Melody suggested.

Cardalls said...

Melody---I can't get on your blog, it said I'm not authorized, but yet you invited me last week. Anyway, I would like to be a privileged user!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space