Oliver at 10 months old is...
Crawling (mostly army crawling)
Eating more solids (without gagging)
Kneeling
Pulling himself up on everything
Standing for a few moments on his own
really exploring his voice range**
and.....
SLEEPING THOUGH THE NIGHT

I actually can't totally confirm that HE is sleeping through the night, but I am! I decided he wasn't going to learn easily so unfortunately we did the crying out thing. The way I do it is...shut his door, shut my door, turn off monitors, bring the other kids in my room, and say a prayer that if something is really wrong that I will know. That way I don't have to wake up to hear the cries. I do this for 2-3 nights to make sure he has learned. Tonight...maybe tomorrow I will open our door-I am pretty sure he is sleeping or at least putting himself back to sleep quickly.
Naps are AMAZING now! He cries for less than a minute and sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours two times a day. I guess everything just clicked!
**Oliver does that high pitched (LOUD) squawking/scream and it is SOOO annoying. Any suggestions to stop that? With Eli we just put in the pacifier. I know he is learning to make noise but really...its loud!!!
Eating more solids (without gagging)
Kneeling
Pulling himself up on everything
Standing for a few moments on his own
really exploring his voice range**
and.....
SLEEPING THOUGH THE NIGHT
I actually can't totally confirm that HE is sleeping through the night, but I am! I decided he wasn't going to learn easily so unfortunately we did the crying out thing. The way I do it is...shut his door, shut my door, turn off monitors, bring the other kids in my room, and say a prayer that if something is really wrong that I will know. That way I don't have to wake up to hear the cries. I do this for 2-3 nights to make sure he has learned. Tonight...maybe tomorrow I will open our door-I am pretty sure he is sleeping or at least putting himself back to sleep quickly.
Naps are AMAZING now! He cries for less than a minute and sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours two times a day. I guess everything just clicked!
**Oliver does that high pitched (LOUD) squawking/scream and it is SOOO annoying. Any suggestions to stop that? With Eli we just put in the pacifier. I know he is learning to make noise but really...its loud!!!
5 comments:
Yeah for the sleeping pattern now. I don't like the crying out but I do it anyway. I am pretty sure all my kids did that annoying loud noise. We use to call it the valisaraptor (sp) noise. You know like the dinosaurs on jurassic park.
Yeah for sleep! I guess I'm mean, but I would pop them in the mouth when they did that high pitch scream. It drove me crazy!
AWWWW sleep!
I was so happy for you when I heard about this wonderful sleeping news! I remember how life changing it was with all of my kids.
I think when my kids did the high pitch scream I would just look them in the eyes and LOUDLY tell them no. I probably scared them into complying!
I'm so thrilled for you that he is sleeping through the night and doing so well with naps! Yay!!!!
When I was over the other day, I could hear his high-pitched squeals from inside! LOL Good luck with that. Brenden's baby cry was high pitched like that and it was just awful. He wouldn't take a paci either!
Post a Comment