Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer and Free Things!!!

The weather in Vegas has been incredible! It has been in the high 80's to low 90's. Unheard of for June! I am loving it...although we haven't been able to do too much swimming because of it. Wednesday it was warmer but Alexis and Eli still wanted me to warm the hot tub a bit-WIMPS!

So Wednesday Alexis had her friend, Hannah, over. They swam for 3 hours. They enjoyed lunch at the pool too. I tell you the wait staff here is amazing!
Thursday, her friend, Mattison, that moved to Utah in December was down here so they enjoyed another 3+ hours of straight swimming!
The weather hit 100 here today...it is no fun-it really isn't!

Last night at Enrichment they told everyone to clean out their closets and we had a little shopping night. Everything that wasn't taken went to DI (Goodwill for you non-Mormons reading this). I saw this Spiderman and knew Eli would LOVE it. I am usually not a fan of hand me down stuffed animals but after a tumble in the dryer to kill whatever, I put it in his bed so he would wake up and be surprised. HE LOVES IT!!!!
Then my amazing find of the night was also for Eli. I have had this bedding from Pottery Barn since last summer. I wanted to buy a pillow sham to go with it but had a hard time paying so much for it so I stuck with just the quilt. Also someone said boys don't have pillow shams. ??? So his bed has looked like this...
Well last night someone had cleaned out their closets and brought not ONE but TWO pillow shams. I couldn't believe my luck!!! I only have one on his bed right now but plan to use both! What luck!!

Today was all about FREE!!! It was National Flip Flop Day (in case you didn't know) and if you visited Tropical Smoothie you got a free LARGE smoothie...so we went with out flip flops on...and enjoyed a yummy smoothie!Then... A&W was celebrating 90 years, so they had free root beer floats. We left Steve at home to do some trim work in the baby's room (pictures to come) and got another FREE treat!It's been a great couple of days!!!

6 comments:

Jossie said...

Wow I can't believe that those pillow shams match exactly! I was so bummed that I didn't get to go to Enrichment. That sounded like so much fun!

Melissa B said...

That is such a great idea for enrichment. You really scored with those pillow shams. I was totally going to go to Tropical Smoothie and then I forgot, dang it!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a great couple of days! I didn't want to try the free giveaways, I thought they'd be packed because they announced them on the news. How do I get rid of the word verification thing on my blog?

Sarah said...

The pillow shams were a major score. I can't believe the size of the smoothie they are were giving away, and I can't believe I didn't make myself go get one. You know I love anything free.

Kristen said...

Thanks so much for letting us come over. It was a blast...we love the sun and pools! Good find on the shams too.

Lisa said...

what a great idea to have your own exchange...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space