Friday, June 12, 2009

Horseback Riding

Last night Alexis was invited to go over to Karen's house to go horseback riding. I told Karen that Alexis had mentioned one of her dreams was to ride a horse so off we went. She rode Dee Dee which Alexis secretly named Penny. Karen told her some of the rules and got her up in the saddle.
Karen was such a great teacher and this horse was really mellow. Alexis kept kicking her side but I don't know if she wasn't doing it hard enough or if the horse thought she would just take advantage of this girl with no spurs on! :)
After she got the hang of it they moved into the big arena and Bryce (Karen's son) held the reins so Alexis could trot (or gallop ?) with her.
Alexis wanted to brush Dee Dee after so Karen taught her how to take off the saddle.
And brush her. Then Alexis led her to a grassy area to nibble on some treats.
She was sore this morning and couldn't stop talking abut it. She says she would love to live on a ranch one day.
Thank you Karen!!! I loved the hillbilly air conditioning too!

8 comments:

Ralaina said...

I'm so glad Alexis got to go riding. It is so nice of Karen to share her "Away from Vegas Refuge."

Sarah said...

Alexis really looks like a natural up there. Good for her!

berrymom said...

How fun! What a fun thing for her. She looks like a natural.

Kellie DeMille said...

Now you've started it! Every girl wants a pony.

bloodfamily said...

I love the name Penny. Bart had a horse named Penny. She came with the name otherwise Penny it is! Thanks for sharing Alexis with me. It's fun to have a girl around.

Amy said...

That looks like a whole lot of fun! That is so sweet of Karen to share the horses with Alexis. That's fun for her.

Melissa B said...

Karen's place is great, for a few moments you can forget that you are in Vegas and feel like you are out in the country.

P.S. Alexis is getting TALL! Every picture I see of her she is a good head length taller than her friends.

Lisa said...

I bet she LOVED it! She does look like a natural!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space