Saturday, September 8, 2007

5K Pump n Run

This morning was the 5K Pump n Run. The 'Pump' means do as many push ups in 30 seconds as you can and depending on how many you do, they shave seonds off of your finish time. Or you can just do the 5K. As my friend Bekah said, Push ups are meant for bra's and ice cream. Well said...so we did just the Run. Nancy and I are walking/running partners every morning at 6am! And Rachel and Bekah are running partners together. We didn't do too bad. Rachel got 2nd in our age group (28 minutes ?), Nancy got 4th (36min 49secs), and I got 5th (36 min 50sec). Bekah is in a lower age range and took 3rd in her group (30 mintues?). I did this same race last year but two other friends and I strictly WALKED it (50 something minutes), so I improved my time by 15 or so minutes! Nancy and I had the goal to run the whole thing but (and this is not an excuse) the elevation in Summerlin is so much higher and really made a difference! But we did run most of it!That is me...#229Rachel P, Bekah and Nancy

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah! Way to go Rachael! That is so awesome. You should be so proud.

Melody said...

Everytime I see you guys.... I miss you!:( I love that ward and the North Stake! 5k? WOW! Rock on sister!!! Was it HOT outside? Cause you all look... Smokin'!!!:)

Shannon said...

That's awesome! Way to push your self. Thanks for the motivation!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space