Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treating

Kindergarten and 1st graders got to wear their costumes all day on Monday...score for being young!  They had a Halloween party and were stuffed with sweets...can we not have a party where they eat food...real food.  I'm not a party pooper but seriously...they are going to eat enough crap that night...whatever! Moving on:)

That night we went to my friend, Erin's house, for dinner.  Eli was done being Harry Potter...(he actually got bright orange frosting all over his cloak and pants)...so we pulled down the dress up box and Steve did his face makeup.  Alexis was done dressing up and just wanted to walk with us while the boys went door to door.
 Eli is such a blinker when it comes to pictures!
Max, Maggie, Oliver and Eli

 Oliver still didn't fully get it...he would walk up the path but then if the kids were walking back down he would turn around with them.  Or he would try to walk into people's homes!

 We headed back to our neighborhood and did a few homes.
 Then just enjoyed waiting for kids to come to our house.
I should have weighed the candy like everyone else did but I kept taking their candy and dumping it into our bowl we were giving out.  What can I say...I'm a giver.

3 comments:

chercard said...

A giver? You really are a TAKER from your own children! Just kidding :) I am throwing a bunch of candy away as we speak!

Sarah said...

I agree about Halloween parties! I brought lots of fruit this year to Jacksons, but there was plenty of junk food too.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I am the only person in the free world to disagree with you on the Halloween Party. An elementary school party with carrot sticks is NOT a party. Bring on the frosting! ;) I was so glad to finish elementary school to get away from the nutrition nazi's. There are no parties in middle school. And there ARE parties in high school but sugar is the least of our concerns! I love Eli's army man costume!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space