Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dinosaur Park

Eli, Oliver and I took a trip to the Dinosaur Park the other day after preschool. It was a beautiful day and there were barely any people there.
The water features are on now so Eli had a great time playing in the COLD
(probably unsanitary) water.After- we went to feed the bird but luckily a fellow park goer heard our plans and told me that the security guard just told him if he didn't stop feeding the ducks and birds she would call the police. I guess there is a rule against it now...it messes with their migration!
Whatever...but we did find...
TURTLES!!! And a TON of them!
They were all stretching out their necks and soaking in the sun!
I have never seen a turtle here at this park in all the times I have been before. I don't know if they brought them in recently or if feeding the ducks had anything to do with it! :)


4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a lot of turtles! I have seen a few at that park, but never that many.

Can you imagine the police pulling up to arrest a mom who was feeding ducks?

Kellie DeMille said...

The new rule is pretty stupid. We went the other day and saw all the signs, the kids were pretty disappointed. The pictures of the turtles are awesome!

Jennifer said...

What kindof park doesn't let kids feed the ducks??? That stinks...Do they get to fat to migrate???

Melissa Summers said...

I personally am very happy with the no feeding the birds rule. Now I have a new excuse why I will not take my children to feed them!!! FYI I do like turtles.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space