Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sick

Last night I checked on Eli at 9:00 and covered him in a blanket. When I got to my room, I heard something and realized it was the sound of throw up. I ran back to his room and he was sitting in bed throwing up all over-(Broccoli Cheese soup ain't pretty coming back up). So we stripped him down and into the shower with dad he went while I started some laundry. To make a long story short-we made a bed for him on the ground and every 30 minutes he threw up. After 2 times I told Steve I couldn't do this. I am barely surviving on what little sleep I get so I packed up Oliver and myself and threw down blankets on Eli's mattress and left Steve to deal with Eli. Oh the guilt I felt! Why do we as mothers feel such guilt!
Steve said he continued to throw up every 30 mins till 2am. He had a softball tournament this morning and they were short players if Steve didn't go-Eli was asleep in our bed so he left. When I checked on him around 8:30 I realized he had had diarrhea in our bed and slept right though it. I texted Steve and said I just don't think I can do this alone today. So as soon as a replacement arrived he was able to come home.
We pretty much used up ever sheet, blanket and towel during this so our laundry piles are out of control! He seems to be feeling better-I think we are all just exhausted and all need naps!The laundry in the hallThe towels in our bathroom (that were JUST washed yesterday)Some sheets, blankets and pillows to be washed!Good Times!!!

7 comments:

Jossie said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Eli! What do you think caused it? Poor thing that he had diarrhea and slept through it :-( Sad :-( I would have made Steve come home too. Oh I feel for you guys.

Jillian said...

That sucks in many different ways! Good luck with that.

Cardalls said...

OH yuck! LIfe is crazy enough with a new baby let along adding vomit and diarrhea!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh Rachael, you poor guys! I hope everyone else is doing well.

Joanne said...

All I can say is Yuck!!! Hope things have improved... this too shall pass :)

Sarah said...

I really hope no one else in your family comes down with this! Poor Eli. I'm glad it wasn't last Saturday that this happened.

Amy said...

Oh man! That is HORRIBLE! So sorry you had to deal with that...or should I say Steve had to deal with that..ha ha...that's rough all around.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space