Monday, June 9, 2014

Eli's Triathlon

 I signed Eli up for a Sprint Triathlon that took place in Blue Diamond...about a 45 minute drive west of Vegas.  The day before I had to pick up the packet and have him marked...
The next morning, bright and early (we left the house at 6am), we headed out.  Once we got there they have different check points where they give you a timing chip and check your bike, make adjustments and pump up the tires.  (That's Steve removing his lock though...)
All ready to go...
Hanging out, at the transition station, with some kids he knows from church...
There is a lot of waiting around because they go in waves of age.  
Luckily a lot of the kids and people had cleared out so we could see him.  
 After the 2 laps in the pool he was off to the bike portion.
 He has had a cough for over 2 months so I caught him mid cough here.
They biked two miles...
And then ran 1 mile.
These pictures make me laugh because it really shows his personality...always smiling.

 Crossing the finish line.
 And of course getting the medal makes it all worth it.
Initially he said he didn't enjoy it but later that day he admitted he liked it.  He really didn't know what to expect since he didn't train for it.  But we will be back next year.
(Blue Diamond is an adorable little town with lots of shade...thankfully!)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Why am I not familiar with the town Blue Diamond? I love the pics of Eli smiling. What a trooper to do a triathlon when you still have a cough!

Megan insists that she did so poorly on the bike portion because she didn't have a road bike. Yeah right.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space