Sunday, March 16, 2014

Goodbye...


 My grandfather passed away on Valentines Day.  Since he was cremated we were able to plan a weekend that we could all get together to have a celebration of his life and also my grandmother who passed away a few years back.
We drove up Mt. Tamalpais and this was the view of where we spread their ashes...beautiful!!!
 My grandpa was a B-25 pilot in WWII.
We spread his ashes along with my grandmother and their dog.
 My cousin Jeff gave each of the grandchildren something of Tampa's.
We each got a cup with both of my grandparents ashes in it.
Everyone then spread their ashes on the mountain.


The whole group.  Every single one of us where there.
My sisters and I.
With my dad.
A panoramic shot of the view.
This was the first trip without kids for Steve and I since I was pregnant with Eli...9 years ago!
It was such a nice weekend to celebrate both of their lives.  I am sure they were happy to see everyone was there together!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is such a beautiful setting! How great that everyone could be there. I hope you made good use of those 27 hours away.

The Hardy's said...

What a beautiful place and so neat that you all were together! Hope you enjoyed the kid free trip!

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow, just beautiful! My question is who had to spread the ashes of the dog? Did you make the least favorite grandkid do it? How fun to all be together and remember your Grandparents :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space