Monday, July 23, 2012

Pioneer Days


 My favorite Day of the year...Pioneer Days!  I love it!!!  Lots of food and game booths.
Its always crazy HOT but we usually start off the afternoon with a water activity to keep cool!  
Both Alexis and Eli did the dunk tank!
You can see the ball in this picture JUST as it hits the target!
 Alexis was up next!
 The guy got her in one throw!


 Then some face painting...the talent was marginal...this was done with a stencil.
 Alexis and I worked in the pie a la mode booth from 6:45-7:45 and just when we finished the sun was going down...it was pretty.


 Eli hung out with Tyler most of the time.
 Alexis hung out with Aubrey
 Right before the fireworks began we packed up the car and sat right outside the gate (to have a quick getaway when it was done)
 And as always..the fireworks didn't disappoint!  They were amazing.
Not pictured this year...Steve and Oliver....Steve opted to stay out of the heat and stay home.  Can't say I blame him after 5 days of working in the 110+ weather!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We had virtually identical pioneer day experiences. Except I was not nice enough to sign up for the pie booth.

Eli's face paint looks incredible compared to the ones my girls got!

Pam said...

I love the celebration of the 24th! I miss being in Utah for it. Our ward did not do anything so its fun to see who got to celebrate!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space